The bird's the word

By anonymous - 26/06/2012 06:05 - United States - Ridgewood

Today, I slammed my middle finger in a drawer. I screamed and my mom came running into the kitchen. She asked me what was wrong, so without thinking I stuck up my middle finger. She hasn't spoken to me since this morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 084
You deserved it 6 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a big girl. Use your big girl words.

lalalanono 8

It's a sad day when your mom jumps to the worst case scenario.

Comments

Why would you just stick up your middle finger without saying anything?

ive done it before. when you injure your middle finger you dont tend to think of much else

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

I'm assuming it was because OP was in a lot of pain and couldn't really clear their head to think about how that could possibly look bad to their mother.

People do strange things when in a lot of pain. i once had 3 fingers shut in my friends van door once and I couldn't go words out all I could do was wimper and point until they realized what happened. Though I think OP's mom was immature and over-reacted.

What the hell is a "prostie"? A prostitute? You sound like my mum.

Dafuq 69? That doesn't even make sense..

Sure it does... Prosties don't take too kindly to hurtin the dick hand.

lalalanono 8

It's a sad day when your mom jumps to the worst case scenario.

I would as well if someone stuck their finger up at me without saying anything.

My mom always jumps to the worst case scenario.

You're a big girl. Use your big girl words.

OP, if you don't use your big girl words, you cannot be entitled to sing "Mama I'm a big girl now" :)

I can just imagine what words would come out of a big girls mouth XP

ajsciri4 0

When you hurt something as simple as your middle finger and can't talk because of it, you need to start working out or something...

ajsciri4 0

I'm not trying that. But not being able to talk...?

I don't think you understand pain tolerance. Working out doesn't make smashing your finger feel any less painful. Also, can you recommend some middle finger exercises for us?

Prodigy7 4

5, I don't think it's not being able to talk, it's more of you don't want to talk when in pain. I don't know about anyone else, but the times I recall being in pain, and someone was bugging me about what happened, I just wanted to say '**** off for a sec.'

27 - My advice on middle finger exercises is to go downtown in a bigger city during rush hour traffic while driving in a Prius. Once your training has been completed, I'll honor you with the rank of 'Traffic Finger.'

Can you please explain how working out makes jammed fingers hurt less?

That comment made no sense at all... A middle finger can hurt just as much as any other bodypart! Just imagine when you bang your little toe into something, hurts like hell! Would it make sense then if somebody told you "It's just a little toe, can't hurt that much." And how the heck would working out help that?

mizuki123 8

I agree with 46.. When I fell full force and body weight on my elbow I didn't want to talk even if I could. Pain can make you not talk trust me.

meetmissmayhem 4

#27 haha thanks for the laugh! 5 you're an idiot come on now. Have you ever slammed your finger in a door? Just because you have a high pain tolerance doesn't mean it's not going to hurt.

PhishloverA 14

Can you explain what working out has to do with Jamming a finger into a drawer, door, hinge, etc?

Right, and after doing middle finger work outs, move on to the balls so they don't hurt as much when kicked.

24 - your comment actually made me cringe. there are few greater pains than getting your finger pinched by a door hinge :s

cyndiig 2

My sister has gone sent to the hospital because she slammed her finger in a door hinge. She was of course young and ignorant enough to pull on her finger while it was still trapped but nevertheless the cut went almost down to her bone. Imagine that pain.

Just explain? Even if she won't speak to you, she'll hear you.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just tell her?

golfman717 0

You don't think when your in pain...

KiddNYC1O 20

34- you're* Are you in pain?

Maybe the wound on your finger would attest to the truth?

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

That's just a simple misunderstanding . I'm sure once you explain what had happened and tell her you weren't being rude or disrespectful, you were just showing her your wound but didn't realize it was your middle finger and apologize, she will understand and forgive you. Don't worry, OP :)

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

Lol I'm a girl, we tend to always have a lot to say, gimme a break :)

Llamacod 11

its not that you have "alot to say" its your paragraph long sentence. one should, if reading aloud correctly, pause for breath at the end of sentences

And why couldn't you just say "I slammed the drawer on my finger"? It would have taken less effort to say it than to raise a finger in pain....

Yes, everyone is completely coherent and takes their time to think out what they're saying when they're hurt. I don't know about you but my average 'in pain' sentence only has 1 word that isn't cussing.

Oh my GOSH why is everybody saying the same thing when the FML clearly states that "without thinking" she raised her finger. So, yes! She could have said something! But she didn't so stop asking the same ******* question.