Thanks…

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 12:53 - United States

Today, I had a violent coughing fit while at the store, which caused a lady to think I was choking, grab me from behind and start doing the Heimlich maneuver incorrectly. She broke two of my ribs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 187
You deserved it 3 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

True, but the Hemmlich is done to get the person choking to cough. OP was already coughing so that lady should have never started the Hemmlich maneuver.

I know right! the bitch totally deserves it I mean come on who does she think she is going around trying to save peoples lives. -.-'... OP although this is unfortunate and I do feel sorry for you I hope you don't press charges, she was honestly just trying to help.

Comments

mxzedup512 0

choking people cant cough first aid 101 sue the overeacting bitch

Iamnotfat 16

you're a guy and a lady broke your ribs...are you frail?

RockMaterial 9

Bones are actually very frail in comparison to the heavy body of a person! Taken anatomy lately?!

krysal2395 1

well if you were choking at least someone would've done something. I saw a video the other day of some one who started choking and no one did anything and that person ended up dieing=|....get well soon=]

rosha267 21

This is a complete copy of an old FML about a guy seeing his neighbor choking so he jumped the fence and did the hiemlik (or however it's spelled) maneuver on her. The old one ended in him breaking two of her ribs...

Actually, you don't know that it's a copy. Stranger shit has happened, and broken ribs in the Heimlich, or even CPR, can result in broken ribs. I'm First Aid certified, so I know about this.

Thanks for saying this, and I'd like to point out all the idiots who say your ribs break when you do the Heimlich. No, they don't. That's the chest compressions in CPR. Your ribs might bruise, but if done right, the Heimlich should not cause breaking. Not to say that it doesn't happen--it does.

XxICEW0LFxX 0

that name is trademarked, you're supposed to say chest thrusts

missawesome16 0

ydi 4 not being thankful she thought u were DYING SHE WAS HELPING U U ASSHOLE GOD Y DON'T U SAY THANKS ASSHOLE >:(

guitarmonkey69 0

Just so you know the heimlich maneuver is correctly performed only if the ribs are broken.

That's the danger of going for the thrusts first instead of giving a couple of firm backslaps before. It's the american way but i don't agree with it.

back slaps should never be used on an upright adult, whether choking, or merely coughing, as it can cause the obstruction to lodge in their throat, or fall further into their airway. allow them to cough, as coughing is the body's way of attempting to clear the issue.

sparxva 12

Charge her with assault and sue her. It's the American way! Besides, stupid people need to be punished.

rexxy75 3

I'm sorry but this is hilarious made me lol at a doctors clinic I know it's not funny for u tho, broken ribs hurt..