Thanks

By Anonymous - 07/11/2015 13:02 - Canada - Surrey

Today, while walking to work with my best friend, he broke down in tears. I asked what was wrong, and he told me his mom passed away last night. All I could think to do was give him a hug and say I was sorry. Then some assclown walking past said "GAAAYYY!" and walked away laughing hysterically. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 493
You deserved it 1 697

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

This is what's wrong in our culture. No one, especially men, can show emotion and affection anymore without being labeled as "homosexual" or "pervert" or "pedophile". OP, ignore it. You were being a good friend and I'm sure your friend appreciated it.

serslybro 20

You were just trying to be a good friend. People can be so immature...

Comments

serslybro 20

You were just trying to be a good friend. People can be so immature...

Agreed! Even if they were a couple it would still be pathetic. OP, you were there for your friend. That's what a friend should do. So **** that random dude!

spacefish966 18

There are a lot of immature people out there. Pay them no mind and continue comforting your pal.........By the way if his mother passed away last night why in the world is he going to work the next day? Poor guy needs to be home with family or something.

#23, I think that'd make the OP actually gay though.

Sure, but that passerby was obviously using the term as a slur. That's not cool.

I dont even know nor understand what inclines people to be such asshats to others, at this rate, there really will be 2 types of people in this world, kids who are raised ignorant in bubble wrap, and the dickwad bullies like this asshole who stops others from wanting to interact with others.

Oh #28, you are so funny. Got more from where that one came from? ? I hope you can sense the sarcasm.

Talis99 26

This is what's wrong in our culture. No one, especially men, can show emotion and affection anymore without being labeled as "homosexual" or "pervert" or "pedophile". OP, ignore it. You were being a good friend and I'm sure your friend appreciated it.

Especially the pedophile part. Don't ever try to be nice to a kid unless you know them or their parents.

And then everyone wonders why so many men end up snapping and committing acts of violence. Anger can often be one of the only emotions they learn how to really express to others. Anything else makes them "weak" apparently. It's ridiculous.

Even them strangers will call them pedophiles. My bro is 25 and has 4 kids. Whenever people see him hugging his own kids they give him weird looks and some have even called him a creep or pervert.

Especially men? I think you mean only men. Who calls women gay for expressing emotion?

Women are punished for expressing different emotions. Angry or passionate women are labeled "crazy" and dismissed; sad or lonely women are "needy" and desperate. The stigma against showing feelings is leveled heavily against men, but it does not affect only men by any means.

People are horrid. I'd rather be gay than a jerk anyway. Good on you OP for being such a caring friend.

well, your profile picture and name kind of confirms your statements. :3

That's terrible. Lots of love to him.

Wow, how immature. My condolences to your friend's loss.

You should've beat the crap out of him then told all his friends and coworkers that he got his ass kicked by a gay guy.

I might not agree with the violence, but gay being used as a slur completely depends on how it is used. This person DID use it in an insulting and demeaning way. The word itself isn't insulting, the intent behind it is what makes it bad.

xivoricbutterfly 25

Its sad that men can't show their feelings or weakness without being called gay or weak

princeofgirl 18

that really sucks... I feel bad for him....