Thanks

By Anonymous - 07/11/2015 13:02 - Canada - Surrey

Today, while walking to work with my best friend, he broke down in tears. I asked what was wrong, and he told me his mom passed away last night. All I could think to do was give him a hug and say I was sorry. Then some assclown walking past said "GAAAYYY!" and walked away laughing hysterically. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 493
You deserved it 1 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

This is what's wrong in our culture. No one, especially men, can show emotion and affection anymore without being labeled as "homosexual" or "pervert" or "pedophile". OP, ignore it. You were being a good friend and I'm sure your friend appreciated it.

serslybro 20

You were just trying to be a good friend. People can be so immature...

Comments

Dude that guy had no idea the extent of how much of an asshole he just was

That is when I woulda ran up, beat the shit out of him and then ask him, "am I still gay?"

MzZombicidal 36

To be fair, a gay guy can still kick someone's ass. Lol.

Badkarma4u 17

to which he couod respond, "I don't know but you might end up that way when you go to jail for assault. Dont drop the soap."

yellowzinnias 20

People are awful. I remember coming back from ordering flowers for my father's funeral. I'd only found out he passed away less than 24 hours before. I started crying in the car on the way home. When I really cry, it's not pretty. My father and I had a fight and I never got to make up with him before he passed. Thus, this was definitely a major, gut-wrenching cry from the depths of my soul. Thank goodness my mother was driving (my parents were long divorced). We came to a red light and I was trying to calm down. I looked over at the vehicle next to us, still sobbing, and it was full of teenagers pointing at me and laughing, making fun of my scrunched, red face. They had no clue what was going on, but still felt the need to be jerks.

#13 It was okay to cry. Those teenagers just never lost a family member probably.

Teenagers are jerks anyway, it's part of that timeframe.

Why are there so many heartless people in today's society? When I was a teenager, I never laughed at people's misery. I am just saddened by the fact that people are so quick to judge without knowing the truth behind things. It's ridiculous.

Unfortunately, encountering people like that in life is inevitable :/ Good on you for being a supportive friend :)

ehmojj 6

if I were you, I would've gone up to that person and punched them.

I'm straight and I think we all need to stop saying gay like its a bad thing so often.

My mum passed away, and this is an actual fear for me; to cry or show bad emotion in public

orsombre_fml 11

Sorry for your loss. Don't be afraid or ashamed to show your emotions. There is no bad emotion except the ones that you keep within you. They fester and damage your relationships.

It's sad that a lot of people, especially males, have that fear.. I can't stand crying in public but I'm also a crybaby, so I've had to get used to it. If you need to and can, take a break when you feel the need to and just have a crying session alone if that'll make you feel better. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Well, because he was comforting a friend who was going through so much pain and people were judging based on what? A hug? **** his life because people suck.