By Anonymous - 07/01/2016 15:52 - United States - Odem

Today, my 70-year-old coworker managed to do something to our shared computer for it to not boot up. This is our 4th computer since we've been working together, and he refuses to believe that he's the problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 899
You deserved it 1 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Well, every time they fix the computer, I wind up with this giant system32 file on my hard drive, taking up space, so I drag it into the recycling bin where it belongs. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this machine!"

You should set up a camera and show him -- that is if he breaks it again...sorry op

Comments

man that sucks! maybe he needs to have assistance with the computers.

You should set up a camera and show him -- that is if he breaks it again...sorry op

M3DO 24

Give him some training with computers

ourtneyc 14

I feel like the old guy would be like "training? is this because I'm old?! this is so offensive I don't need computer training!"

Have you ever tried to train an old person to use technology? My dad's only 60 and he's absolutely hopeless.

I think he's not trying to avoid the problem by not taking the blame. I think he really doesn't understand that he's caused the problem. Technology isn't easy for everyone. Help him learn it properly maybe?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I, and my translator, have no idea what you were trying to say.

Yeah, that will solve the problem. He certainly can't break this new computer like he's done the other four...

Where the hell do you get a computer for a dollar? Cause I'd love to know

Maybe a cardboard box with 'Computer' written on it maybe.

Yeah, but at least OP wouldn't be sharing with him anymore.

"Well, every time they fix the computer, I wind up with this giant system32 file on my hard drive, taking up space, so I drag it into the recycling bin where it belongs. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this machine!"

#6 don't be silly, a 70 year old wouldn't know about file sizes or how to drag to the recycling bin :P

andrmac 25

Ah elderly and electronics sometimes mix like Coke and electronics!

Wow he sounds a lot like my brother. My brother has gone through like 5 laptops in the past year alone, and still does not believe he's the problem! My parents actually help him pay for it too because it always happens before some big project or exam.

You should teach him how to use computers instead of paying for new ones

#11 He's older than me. And he's in college.

How can someone at college be that stupid?

Haha who knows. What's funny is I'm pretty sure he's changing his major to computer science.

If I didn't know better I'd say we had the same brother, #9. Except that mine is younger. He's the only 19 year old I've ever met who can't seem to grasp technology. He somehow managed to completely and utterly destroy Microsoft Office in an attempt to write a paper for a class. I still don't understand how he did it, but it required a complete reinstall!