Thanks

By Anonymous - 07/11/2015 13:02 - Canada - Surrey

Today, while walking to work with my best friend, he broke down in tears. I asked what was wrong, and he told me his mom passed away last night. All I could think to do was give him a hug and say I was sorry. Then some assclown walking past said "GAAAYYY!" and walked away laughing hysterically. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 493
You deserved it 1 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

This is what's wrong in our culture. No one, especially men, can show emotion and affection anymore without being labeled as "homosexual" or "pervert" or "pedophile". OP, ignore it. You were being a good friend and I'm sure your friend appreciated it.

serslybro 20

You were just trying to be a good friend. People can be so immature...

Comments

I'm sorry that happened. Just remember ass hats like that guy usually get them self into knee high horse shit by their own regrettable actions.

I would've shouted "his mom died you dick!"

And then he probably would've tried to post an FML on this site looking for sympathy.

Are you really his best friend if you didn't learn about it til the next day?

Denise1988 13

I actually pictured a literal clown saying that and then had a good laugh.

The funny thing is when he said "gay!". It was kind of a joke if he said it in a jokingly manner. In my opinion... "Gay" and the n-word are not funny. Although come on... How would he know that his mom died??

So what if he didn't know the guy's mom died? The reason doesn't matter. Using gay as an insult is a dick move regardless.

AScooterman 12

Talk about being insecure what a shit thing to do.

How can people say he deserved it? Why can't people comfort their best friend without asshats calling them Gay?. Do people think he deserves it because there homophobic? There is really nothing wrong with Gays there lovely people , how can people use being gay as an insult. Wtf is wrong with people

Geckosrock99 33

Some people are just dicks, others are trying to get the YDI badge, or whatever it's called, for voting a certain amount of YDIs.

A lot of people hit YDI by mistake while scrolling through mobile, and there's no option to take it back.

Are you FMLing because the guy who said that was an absolute dick, or because someone called you gay?

uchihadesendent 14

nice. im gay too (jk I get that it was meant in the straightway)