Take a number

By Anonymous - 09/09/2019 00:01

Today, the guy I've been flirting with for a week, and would be meeting in two days, sent me a message that he wouldn't be able to text me this evening because he'll be on a date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 526
You deserved it 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Amanda G Rich 23

You can’t say he is a liar. Give it a chance.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

maybe next time instead of flirting ask him out, that's probably what the other person did

and....you haven't met him yet. he's not supposed to date? that's ridiculous. ydi

1.) He was being polite of both you and his date telling you of same. 2.) You have a date set up with him in 2 days from now. 3.) So what's the problem?

I think the issue is more that he pointed out the fact that he was going on a date. Personally, if I were just casually dating around I would be fine with the other person doing the same, but I wouldn't appreciate being told so. He could have just said that he had other plans and would be busy.

The OP just mentioned that they were meeting. It never said specifically that it was a date. I've had situations where I thought it was a date, but it wasn't and it was just a friendly meeting. The guy is free to date whomever he wants because it's not as if they have established a relationship yet. I don't have enough information, but perhaps the guy just wanted more options if it was supposed to be a date (in this case, fyl). The guy might not even like her despite the flirtations. Of course, it sucks to be thought of as a secondary option (if it was supposed to be a date). As for me, I would rather appreciate it being told that they are going on a date rather than hide it as having other plans or being busy with something else.

bl3ur0z3 17

So this guy you barely met, who you've never met in person with whom you are not in a relationship, has a date?

You've put in a whole week and he's still not committed to you? I hope you mean ex-fantasy-boyfriend!

Unless if for some insane reason you both agreed not to date until you met, not sure what the deal is. Unless if he was doing it to manipulate.

YallDeservedItJk 22

It was mean of him to tell you he’s dating someone else. I hope you find someone more sensitive.