By littlekellilee - 28/02/2014 14:50 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I told my parents about the amazing guy I met. My mom immediately stormed out. My dad got up, looked at me and told me he's disappointed in me for "falling into the traps of the Internet," and leaves. I didn't meet him on the Internet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 047
You deserved it 4 052

littlekellilee tells us more.

Hey, I'm the OP! I'm 26, and my parents can be a little protective. I think they're worried that something will happen to me and they won't know who it was that did it. They're actually really amazing people. I chatted with them about it once they calmed down and everything is okay now, though they're still nervous about not knowing him. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Top comments

josiemorehouse 12

They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. I heard it on the internet. :D

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ihavenolifehaha 16

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#12 or maybe if their irl personality turns people off as I'm sure yours does

#12: Don't take your username so seriously. Online dating expands the pool of eligible people. It's better than being too scared or shy to meet people at social places or functions.

Wait a sec #12, you don't have to be ugly to meet people on the internet. Your just all types of rude for saying that.

Rcmpbell 6

#12 I respectfully disagree with your false assumption

#12, **** you. I met my boyfriend online, in a game, purely by chance, it's the best relationship I've ever been in and we're planning to live together someday. Online dating has nothing to do with being unable to meet or date people irl. Sometimes it just happens.

cryssycakesx3 22

I, being obviously gorgeous, met my equally good looking boyfriend online. we moved fast and been with/living together for two years. so sorry #12, just because your experience of being ugly and being forced to have to use online dating to meet another gremlin such as yourself, doesn't equate to all online daters being gremlins.

ihavenolifehaha 16

32 - You're a bitch and you're not gorgeous.

ihavenolifehaha 16

#32 - You're really full of yourself. And you're far ''gorgeous''

Online dating has its pros and cons I met a girl I had deep feelings for on the Internet but like all relationships nothing lasts forever and unfortunately for me someone Irl will eventually take your place

cryssycakesx3 22

yeah.. I'm comfortable with how I look and I love myself it's actually called being secure. and far from gorgeous? that's really sweet of you dear :) I couldn't think of a more extreme word, so I just went with gorgeous. haha. too bad you still look like a troll.

ihavenolifehaha 16

On my last comment I meant far from gorgeous*

josiemorehouse 12

They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. I heard it on the internet. :D

It was part of an Allstate commercial if you saw it you would have gotten the joke and also C-C-COMBO BREAKER

iglesia 11

What 84 said was part of the commercial...

They shouldn't have assumed anything until getting the full story, it sucks when parents do that :( Congrats though OP!

I hate that too, but you can't completely blame the parents in this situation. Who knows OP's past? For all we know she could have been Catfished before lol.

Well bring him over and you guys can tell your story about how you met together.

"How I Met Your Daughter" the new spin-off coming to FML this summer!

jazzy_123 20

I hate when parents assume things -,- Don't let it bother you. I'm sure others will be happy for you (:

ChristianH39 30

They seem a little quick to jump to conclusions. But good for you for meeting someone you like OP!

cryssycakesx3 22

perhaps she's met guys online in the past and it just didn't work or they were jerks and that's why her parents assumed and reacted like that.

cryssycakesx3 22

just offering an explanation. sorry if I came off rude.

Ugh the internet is a terrible place filled with people just like myself and plenty of awesome guys

buttcramp 21

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Indianboy9321 25

If you were trying to be sarcastic, it didn't work. If you weren't, your comment still didn't work.

buttcramp 21

glad I'm not the only one who wasn't getting it lol usually if it doesn't make sense I try to make an educated guess.. no hope for this one!

Unless it was meant to be a useless and incomprehensible comment, in that case it was a stunning success.

Why you think the net was born? ****! ****! ****!

Nyarlothatep 12

Just grab your dick and double click, for ****, ****, ****!

cryssycakesx3 22

turn on pornhub, give it a rub, and celebrate the ****, ****, ****!

Come on guys, 1, 2, 3, 4! The internet was born for **** **** ****! 5 6 7 8! Everyone here masturbates! The web was born just for **** **** ****! 9 10 11 12! I don't know what rhymes so THE INTERNET IS JUST FOR **** **** ****!

NiceGuysDoWin 21

16, 20, and 26. You beat me to it. "But Kate, what you think he do AFTER"

cryssycakesx3 22

oh. were you guys doing a real thing? I just made something up.

#48, you've never heard of avenue q? You've never lived.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

Yeah. Those were lyrics to "The internet is for ****" from the Broadway Musical Avenue Q, which is basically Sesame Street for perverted grown ups. It's amazing. You should youtube it.

cryssycakesx3 22

oh see. mine was even better since I made it up. I'll check that out though!

Nyarlothatep 12

Cryssy, I'm up voting for creativity, even though you didn't get what we were doing.

48 Oh... Erm, me too. We're even, right?

Parents will be parents...Enjoy your new relationship! But not too much young lady!! ;-)