Some taken

By Sadboy - 06/04/2012 14:24 - United States

Today, I went to family therapy because my mom wanted the family to be closer. When asked what her biggest disappointment was in life, she turned to me and said, "Having a gay son" then patted my hand, smiled, and said "No offense, honey." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 901
You deserved it 7 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

knsy 0

I wish small minds had small mouths.

hubla 0

I would have patted her face with the back of my hand

Comments

BamBamGraham 3

that is really ****** up...

Aww I'm sorry. That really sucks. No one deserves that from a parent :( I'm glad that mine are accepting.

182 - I understand all that stuff about gay people using surugates and l think it's great but it's really weird that your sister is the one who volunteered

^ My sister is balsy and unique, that much is for sure. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but she wasn't offering to use her egg with my brother's sperm. She was offering to grow the implanted, fertilized egg from another woman in her womb. Maybe that still strikes you as odd, but she doesn't really want a family of her own, she was just concerned he might, and she cared enough to give him that option, as he's not the type who'd ever ask for anything. You say weird, I say wonderful. It is a very generous offer, and from her point of view, she wasn't using her uterus for much anyways. Her words, not mine. :) But I'm proud of both of them for different reasons, and don't mind talking about it. Cheers! :)

My sister has also made me the same offer should i ever want it. Such an amazing, loving, thing to do!

Dexxter_fml 4

This is why so many people are scared to come out.

I don't know if anyone will actually see this way down here but I have strong opinions on this topic. I am a Christian but don't let that push you away because that's the same as homophobia, my opinions should be just as important as anyone's, regardless of sexual orientation. First off, I'd like to say that I would be disappointed if my son/daughter chose to be gay. That does not mean that I would treat them differently. I would still be proud of their accomplishments and support them in life, except for their decision to be homosexual. Secondly, I and many if not most families want to continue their family's name and blood line. Homosexuals cannot naturally have children that will consist of both parents genes, or is there something new that I don't know about? Adoption won't work either. It's a great thing to do and all but that won't continue the family's blood line. I would much prefer adoption after a natural first child so that your family tree can continue. I am "old school." if humanity has made it this far doing it the old way, why change it? I'm sorry if you can't accept or if you disagree with my opinions.i don't hate anybody, so please don't hate me.

chrisfrom563 2

Sorry OP. I bet you're a wonderful person