She's lost control again

By wellgreat - 14/04/2009 05:11 - United States

Today, I was in the Student Union when a man a came up to me and asked if I wanted to be in a study to see how men acted differently when working with attractive women. Flattered and taken aback, I agreed. He then told me I would be part of the control group to see how they act around plain looking women. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 519
You deserved it 6 511

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's just rude... they could have at least you keep your thoughts that you were the attractive woman.

Yeah I agree with number two. That's a bad experiment, you don't tell the control that they are the control. That's like telling a group that they are getting the placebo, it's kinda ruins the experiment.

Comments

lol at people not understanding how she can be informed if she's in the control group. Dudes, it's a study on the men, not the ladies. Also, to someone... just because a study was conducted in the 70s doesn't mean it will never be tried again. AND, since OP was in a "Student Union," the experiment was probably being done by students... it's not like they're going to come up with something new and groundbreaking.

Don't listen to the people who say "those people don't know how to conduct an experiment." I'm sure they know what they're doing. I bet the experiment was REALLY about how beautiful women talk to men when they're told they're plain looking compared to the women who are told they're beautiful. To prove that it's really confidence that matters and not looks at all. I bet you're beautiful hun.. don't let anyone tell you different!

um wrong haha really confidence is a factor but physical looks are an even bigger factor in attractiveness. that's just how the world is. if u disagree u may just be in the not so pretty group of people

shroomis 0

ya after thinking about what number 3 wrote i think i agree with number 22

Agree with #22... Maybe the real experiment is about men working with women who have different self esteems ;) I have experienced different attitude from men IRL, depending on what Im wearing (being the same person with the same looks...) - thats really pathetic :P

wtfdidido 0

Better than the ugly women group.

this is bull, because a psychologist would: a) cover the true motive behind his study to eliminate any kind of bias by the subjects and b) never ever EVER tell you that you're in a control/experimental group because that completely reverses his outcomes it's basic psych anyway, i'm with #2, 3, 22, etc.

um yeah ur wrong. from the sound of what they said those ppl in the group are not the ones being tested. with that said them knowing which group they are in won't skew results much. if so the Confederate can do things to prevent it. it is the men who see the said attractive or not women.

omglolydi 0

Look, sure in his eyes you were not the most beautiful girl that he's ever seen, but I bet there are a few guys that have their jaw drop to the ground whenever they see you walk past. Don't worry about what he says. There are always people out there who are better than you, and there are always people out there who would kill for what you have. Be happy. Enjoy life. You'll find your prince charming.

BS first, as 10 said, this was already done and any replication thereof would need to at least follow basic psych. second because even a confederate would be kept blind to the study condition

strawbariefield 1

Yea, this one is bullshit. He wouldn't tell you if you were in the control group or the experimental group, because that could make you bias.