Scheißleben

By LearnGeographyUSA - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Kirkland

Today, and for the past 13 months, I've been living in the States. I've been called a Nazi, asked if we have electricity in Germany, and been made fun of the way I speak with my "German accent", the list goes on. I'm not even German, I'm Danish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 107
You deserved it 2 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Laugh at their ignorance. Or agree with their Nazi joke and let them know they could be next.

I guess, when you moved to America, you did Nazi that coming.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

With as serious a face as you can handle, tell them you're from New Jersey. Tell them all people from New Jersey speak like this, because America had to give up part of it's territory to Germany during WWII just before they won. They chose to give up New Jersey because they felt no one would miss it.

What part are are you in? That's stupid. I'm German and don't have anything said to me, most people like it

det er okay. At være dansk er super fedt, og hvor er det cool at du er flyttet til USA! :D er stolt af dig (:

Where do all these people go in the u.s. All the yanks I know love foreigners. And when I went to Australia I got my fair share if ignorant comments too. The human race in general is dumb.

If it makes you feel any better, everyone my age I've met in Europe asks me why I don't talk with a Texan accent and wear cowboy boots. They were serious.

ViviMage 38

There was a guy some time ago who posted here who IS German, and was fired for a "Nazi accent" and being anti-semantic, which upset the Jewish coworkers. I thought Nazi where like Vikings: its less a race and more what you did (Vikings were raiders). File harassment suits if you are harassed by your apparent ethnic group. A threat of sue or job loss will shut people up.

Epikouros 31

Some FML posts are so full of gibberish that you could call them anti-semantic, but I think anti-syntactical posts are a more common problem.

You should have fun with it. I am from the Caribbean and when I first came to the US people used to ask me if the were lions and tigers, and if there was electricity in the "islands". So, I used to tell them that I used to live in a tree and when I went to town I had to cross 2 rivers. I also told them I was attacked by a 15 foot crocodile once and shown them the "tooth scars" on my leg (which I actually got riding my BMX). By the time I finished the story I was practically in tears with laughter.