Red state

By piss off - 08/04/2016 22:05 - United States - Vancouver

Today, a customer at the fast-food joint I work at gave me a pitying look and asked, "How's that liberal arts degree treating ya?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 823
You deserved it 3 207

Same thing different taste

Comments

You can't demand a service and then judge the people performing it that's ridiculous

How does his comment affect your life? If he's wrong about his assumption, why care? If he's right, then you are posting about your insecurity with your chosen field, not about him.

Use what you have learned from the degree and make his food a 'liberal piece of art.'

HOW DID HE KNOW YOU HAD A LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE?

HOW DID HE KNOW YOU HAD A LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE?

And yet he'd be pissed if they spit in his food...douche bag.

Should've said you're in school for Pharmacology and had a fun lesson that day on chemicals that have a laxative effect, and then just handed him his food with a very big grin.

Yeah. Someone would believe that a Pham student works at mccrackens??? Tampering with food drink or consumables is a huge felony. Geez no brains !!!!

bad_boyfriend 10

I have a liberal arts degree and I work in a technology field. Honestly 90% of people with a STEM education can't write or communicate for shit. You can talk up STEM all you want, but there is a reason not many math majors run fortune 500 companies.

Let me guess. You want $15 an hour too??? I know. Your entitled to $15 an hour. If you look or are old enough to have a 4 year degree, step aside and let some teenage high school kid have his job back.

theamazingd 17

First off, everyone is entitled to a living wage. People in the service industry work long hours on their feet. Even if it doesn't require as many special skill sets, it's pretty physically demanding. And in this economy, not everyone can find employment in their field of study. Do you propose that someone forced to work outside of their field should not be able to afford a roof over their head and food to eat? And who do you propose works during the daytime hours when those high school students are, you know, in high school?