Time to change your mind

By Anonymous - 28/01/2020 18:00

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend on my boat at the lake. As we were looking at the mountains all around us, she playfully pushed me off the side into the water. As I got back on the boat, I realized that not only was my cellphone dead, but the ring had fallen into the deep water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 627
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She should’ve at least thought about your phone...

Mooglefox 23

I hear about all these stories about how the man loses the ring right before or while popping the question. When I find the right lady, I will use a Cracker Jack ring and give her the real one when it is safe.

Comments

Mooglefox 23

I hear about all these stories about how the man loses the ring right before or while popping the question. When I find the right lady, I will use a Cracker Jack ring and give her the real one when it is safe.

I agree that’s the better way to go. But for now he will have to settle being engaged to the Loch Ness monster.

ZeldaFlower 16

But how is that supposed to be romantic? “I got you a ring from a box of food, will you marry me?” Part of proposing is saying I care about you so much got you this expensive present that I know you’ll like because I know you and want to spend the rest of my life with you.

She should’ve at least thought about your phone...

J15237 25

I know you lost the ring, but you should have still gone ahead and asked her. I think if you would have asked her to marry you and when she asked for the ring just point to the bottom of the water and then you guys try and pick one out you could afford. I am sure she would have felt bad and everything would have been fine.

I will never understand why pushing a fully clothed person into the water is supposed to be cute. Aside from destroying cellphones, wallets, and such - that person is now likely stuck in cold and wet clothes for a while. Yeah, thanks for being playful; I'm just gonna be cold, wet, and cranky now.