By Anonymous - 08/04/2016 21:43 - United States - Sterling

Today, my 12 and 14 year olds told me they'll be doing whatever they like from now on and there will be no rules or bedtime, otherwise they'll tell their teachers that my husband and I abuse them. Where did I go wrong? FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 493
You deserved it 3 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should tell them, that if they say that, they will be taken away from you, and placed in foster care, where there will be rules, bedtimes and chores they're trying to escape.

Something like this happened to my uncle. His son (my cousin) called the cops on him for telling him to study, saying he hurt him. He had to live with us for a couple days. It's sad because now he's too afraid to discipline his youngest one now because if something is brought to the cops again it could get his kids taken away from him.

Comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Clearly there's a lack of authority somewhere. If I ever pulled this shit on my parents, I would've gotten my ass whooped. But that was when spanking wasn't "abuse" and was used for discipline. You cannot let your children walk all over you. Allowing them to do that is what makes them think they can blackmail you with this kind of shit and it will work. Tell them what my parents always told me, "Go ahead and tell them I abuse you, you will get taken away and you will miss me."

Something like this happened to my uncle. His son (my cousin) called the cops on him for telling him to study, saying he hurt him. He had to live with us for a couple days. It's sad because now he's too afraid to discipline his youngest one now because if something is brought to the cops again it could get his kids taken away from him.

Its a terrible system you have! My brother tried the same thing with my parents and tried to get ME taken away from home as punishment for their discipling him, we had a long meeting with a social worker who interviewed our whole family individually and together who then concluded that my brother was the trouble-maker and our parents were decent.

That sucks, in my area , CPS almost never takes a kid wrongfully, but often leaves them when they shouldn't.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
katachristic 19

I think they were probably banking on the parents to cave.

Aerobic_Exorcism 13

Time to give them a reason to tell.

You should tell them, that if they say that, they will be taken away from you, and placed in foster care, where there will be rules, bedtimes and chores they're trying to escape.

aelarol 5
andrmac 25

You also forgot that they may actually experience abuse at the hands of foster parents.

Not to mention that their parents risk going to jail and they'll forever be labeled as the kids whose parents beat them. Right now it may seem 'smart' but the guilt over sending innocent people to jail will get to them.

don't the police usually need proof of it like bruises and cuts etc. if not tell the police yourself about what they said because most are usually willing to help out in that situation

Tell them you'll cut off the wifi if they start with their nonsense.

You didn't go wrong. I'm sure you will be remembered as the mother of the next powerful and sinister political siblings.

This is why I choose not to have children.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Witch_E_Poo 14

Wow, what a rude, mean comment. Are you sure these kids are not yours? Your just nasty!

That was rude. No need for that kind of stuff. She's just expressing her opinion. And quite frankly, you're not much better off.

Wow, #175 you have a shit-ton of bad karma heading your way if you think that is an ok way to talk to people. Disgusting, what a bad role model to your children.

They are ungrateful for what they have, and that is truly despicable. Millions of children would die for the life they have with two happy parents who love each other and them. Tell them about what foster care means, and if they still believe they can do whatever they want, slap some sense into them.

usnwife 18

I personally would try to reach out to some foster parents - or someone who is willing to act as such - and show the kids first hand what it would be like there, making sure plenty chores and early bedtime were lined up, as well as no extra curriculars with school or anything. Leave them there a couple days and they'll be begging to come home!