Prevention

By CalyenaL - 13/05/2012 01:35 - Mexico - Tijuana

Today, I'm found out I'm pregnant. My husband and I spoke at length about how we were going to handle things, which included him "forbidding" me from having an epidural, because he doesn't want our baby to "come out addicted to drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 787
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He will change his mind when you break his hand going into labor.

He's not the one pushing a baby out of his vag. Tell him it's your choice. And, sometimes doctors really want people to get them, so that they don't pass out from pain.

Comments

A wise wife once said "You pass a basketball out your ass without drugs and then I will do without them too". She got the drugs.

FYL, definitely, but on the bright side, if you ask for it during the procedure, and he tells them not to give it to you, either they'll throw him out of the delivery room and give it to you anyway or you'll have a nice shiny malpractice suit on your hands!

MEM0817 18

If you want the epidural, get it. I don't understand why people always judge women for their birth plan. I personally want to wait as long as I can without getting any type of meds and hope to go all natural... but if I don't I won't feel like I let myself down by any means. I think bringing a child into the world is an amazing event. Being a woman I want to know how it feels to bring a child into the world, pain and all. When I tell people my birth plan they try to change my mind. That shit always pisses me off royally. It's MY decision to do what I please while pushing a human being out of my body! You do what you feel comfortable with OP. Give your husband time to come to his senses. Show him some natural birthing videos! Might do the trick. :]

I just wanted to say that I wish all pregnant women had your attitude. As an RN who is considering getting licensed to be a nurse midwife, I am a huge advocate of natural childbirth when possible, but every woman is different and shouldn't have any regrets about whichever route she decides to take. A happy and healthy mom and baby are what is important in the long run. Kudos, and I hope everything goes very smoothly for you!

Yeah I had a completely natural birth and I barely remember the pain because all I did was imagine my baby in my arms, and he came out with absolutely no complications. Also I didn't know the gender which helped me through the birthing process as well. I always say try a natural birth and if you can't handle it go for a pain reducer or epidural, it doesn't make you a failure or any less of a woman.

OMG Thank you! I hate women on BOTH sides of the argument... and now that I'm pregnant I'm getting advice that starts with "well when I gave birth I had/didn't have" its SO ANNOYING.

KelliePZ1 6

Tell him to suck it. I have had 2 babies one with an epidural and one without and both my babies came out fine. You have the ****** you make the choice. Congratulations!

It's not really that bad without the epidural. Unless you have a long hard delivery I'm sure

22cute 17

Fact. I had 2 drug free births.

kittenvks 11

Yes and fact should always be based on opinion.

MischievousV 8

Everyone's pregnancy is different. Babies are different sizes, mothers also vary in their 'hip sizes' and it also depends on if this is the first time you've given birth or the seventh. Believe it or not it's different. So don't base your expriences to others.

Oh, are you sure? You're absolutely certain that whatever your experience was is exactly what everyone else's was, is, and ever will be? That your body is just like everyone else's? Brilliant. I'm tired of wasting tact on idiots. **** off. None of my pregnancies were the same as each other and every labour was different. So what the hell makes you think everyone else goes through exactly what you did and will react the same way?

You definitely appear to be questioning your logic so I don't need to point out how ignorant you sound!

I'm not questioning my logic I said I had it easy no where does it say she will & that I think she shouldn't have one I was supposed to get one for my blood pressure but couldn't because of a twisted spine so for any of you to call me ignorant or stupid should know my story first.

ummm. it all depends on personal pain tolerance. so any pain related judgement is OPINION because it cannot be applied across the board

Tell him is ok as long as you can grab his nuts while giving birth do he can share your pain. BTW: google orgasmic childbirth.

bitter3ulogy 0

Really? Someone needs to read some baby books...

Your_Nightmares 10

Hey I had a natural birth and I turned out ok! I mean it's not like I want to enslave all mankind because my mother didn't get drugs during my birth....I only want to enslave part of the world.

Tell him to go through labour for 10 hour and see how it feels!