Presumption

By fmlgrl - 30/07/2012 06:59 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I went to a corner store to restock my chocolate stash. A guy from work walked in to see me and the cashier arguing about the amount of candy I was trying to buy with a jar of pennies. He took one look at me and said, "That time of the month, eh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 739
You deserved it 27 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blueandpurpleroc 4

A jar of pennies? If I was the cashier I'd want to kill you. Of course if it was that time of the month, I see your desperation.

Pennies: every cashier's worst nightmare.

Comments

Nanael_fml 4

rolls of pennies would have been a help for the cashier...and the worker with that comment is just down right rude...

A moment's thought should demonstrate that a business doesn't have to take any form of payment it doesn't want to take, including large quantities of coins. Think about this question from the opposite direction for a moment: How many times have you walked into a business and seen posted at the register "NO BILLS LARGER THAN $20"? That's legal, so refusing a jar full of pennies should be legal, too.

raraisbang 12

That's different. Those signs are there because if bigger bills are used, the register may not have enough change left in them.

I don't know if this point has been brought up and I'm not about to look through 169 comments to see if it has been, but you know that you can exchange pennies for bills at the bank, right?

raraisbang 12

If it was evening though, the bank was most likely closed. OP needed their chocolate ASAP!

I personally think it's rude to go buy items all in pennies. Go wrap them up at a bank and get some bills, or use one of those coin machines. YDI.

Go to a bank or a money exchange to change the coins into dollar bills? I am sure you wouldn't like counting the coins!

Thank god most big countries like Australia and Canada have phased out the pennies. I would have killed you! (please note kill is a general term not literal to avoid a whole substring)