Keep it down

By howsthisforaname - 24/05/2012 12:59 - United Kingdom - Kingston Upon Hull

Today, after my old downstairs neighbor, who would come upstairs to bang on my door and yell at me every time she heard a sound from me at all times of the day, had finally moved out, it became clear that my new downstairs neighbor gets drunk and yells at the TV in the early hours of the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 775
You deserved it 2 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

That's unfortunate. But hey at least you'll have a fun drinking buddy.

From: *sneeze* "Quiet, whipper snapper!" To: "NO, MAURY! HE ISN'T THE FATHER! YOURE WRONG! *sobbing* You're wrong..."

Comments

KeannaLove 32

That's unfortunate. But hey at least you'll have a fun drinking buddy.

#12 - It is if you're an alcoholic :D

Boygenius50 8

I'd prefer someone annoyingly laid back to someone annoyingly uptight! Look on the bright side

She is probably a mean drunk of she is yelling at the tv.

xoconnie 8

Just be happy they're yelling at the tv and not at you again like your last neighbor.

KeannaLove 32

#41- or she knows how to have a good time. :)

I swear there are one of those in every apartment complex! There was an ex-marine that lived above me at my old complex that would do the same thing! If the issue persists OP, talk to the head office. Until then, FYL.

Flat living is a nightmare. You always live above the cranky cow with super-hearing and below the drunken bum with heavy feet and no concept of time. FYL, OP.

Now go knock on his door and yell at him at random periods.

reddudeover 2

Karma Don't try to downplay your frequent and long late night river dancing sessions as, "every sound".

Maybe you could just walk over to their place and politly ask them if they could try to stop? Well try not to turn into the person you hated.

If the error was as minute as that (because I honestly didn't notice anything until you said it), then don't sweat it! Anyone that tried to correct you would probably either get buried or face a shit storm.

Yeah, I just feared the grammar nazi's would assume that I was grammatically challenged.

Michael_92 20

Nah most of the grammar people here correct spelling. From what I have seen most people don't know how to correctly use a comma.

And anyways you spelled politely wrong

Oh wow! I didn't even notice that, thanks, despite your tone...

I'd be afraid of confronting them. Loud + drunk = scary (in my world).

flipfloperson 5

48 - And you used "anyways." The correct word is "anyway." The word "anyways" is colloquial and incorrect.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude I just meant the comma wasn't that big a deal because there was also a typo

FYLitreallySucks 0

Thats what u get. Should have kept quiet

melikeyturtles 3

Explain to me how this is OPs fault? OP was never the one making noise.

melikeyturtles 3

Explain to me how this is OPs fault? OP was never the one making noise.

melikeyturtles 3

Explain to me how this is OPs fault? OP was never the one making noise.

melikeyturtles 3

Explain to me how this is OPs fault? OP was never the one making noise.

melikeyturtles 3

ugh...didnt mean to do that....fml

From what I can see the only person who needs to 'keep quiet' is the downstairs neighbour....

From what I see, melikeyturtles is also making a lot of noise ;)

8, You should have kept your top pulled up when you took your photo.. Cos those things are almost flapping over onto the camera. Ew

FireFlie07 20

Time to move. I'm thinking go the country

I know how you feel. My old downstairs neighbour used to scream at her kids all day, and night. Now? I have a woman who leaves her dog in for like, 12 hour stretches on its own. This wouldn't be AS MUCH of an issue, if it didn't pine, loudly howling and barking its lungs out. She doesn't do this during the day.

Michael_92 20

Isn't there anything you can do about that? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

#36, Only thing I can do is contact the RSPCA, but they don't have any rights to do anything except ask the woman not to leave her dog alone for so long. Not unless there's obvious evidence of neglect or abuse, anyway. Animal protection services are rubbish, here. Landlord doesn't give a damn, either.