Presumption

By fmlgrl - 30/07/2012 06:59 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I went to a corner store to restock my chocolate stash. A guy from work walked in to see me and the cashier arguing about the amount of candy I was trying to buy with a jar of pennies. He took one look at me and said, "That time of the month, eh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 739
You deserved it 27 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blueandpurpleroc 4

A jar of pennies? If I was the cashier I'd want to kill you. Of course if it was that time of the month, I see your desperation.

Pennies: every cashier's worst nightmare.

Comments

Seriously? A jar of pennies? I understand the time of the month because I'm a girl too. But I used to be a cashier. And although I'd still do the transaction because technically it's legal tender, it annoyed the SHIT out of all the customers in line behind them who would then get mad at me. You probably ruined the poor cashier's day, and shame on you for that. If you have pennies or coins go to the ******* Coinstar and get bills for them. Or at least pay in quarters if it's not too big of a transaction (less than $5.) But **** you for paying in pennies that is just disrespectful to everyone around you; the cashier, and all the other customers waiting.

Do you actually expect us to feel sorry for you? Maybe your coworker’s remark was unnecessary, but considering the fact that you argued with the cashier over trying to buy chocolate (a luxury) with a jar of pennies, I can see why he would think that of you.

J15237 25

That is extremely inappropriate and not okay. I am sorry that happened. You should have said yes and then slapped him or kicked him in the balls. Somebody you work with or not.