Presumption

By fmlgrl - 30/07/2012 06:59 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I went to a corner store to restock my chocolate stash. A guy from work walked in to see me and the cashier arguing about the amount of candy I was trying to buy with a jar of pennies. He took one look at me and said, "That time of the month, eh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 739
You deserved it 27 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blueandpurpleroc 4

A jar of pennies? If I was the cashier I'd want to kill you. Of course if it was that time of the month, I see your desperation.

Pennies: every cashier's worst nightmare.

Comments

Britt125 16

I'd be telling you no if you tried to pay with a jar of pennies, and at least here it is completely legal to do so. People think it isn't but it is, and I've had a couple arguments over it. Here anything over 25 coins of a one cent denomination is not considered legal tender. If you roll your coins, or trade them for bill at the bank or whatever it's completely different, but to expect a cashier to count a jar of pennies is incredibly ridiculous and rude. You know they have to count it when you pay, and at the end of the evening too when the cash out their tills. I know I don't like staying later to count, I work a long day of dealing with jerks (like the ones who think paying with a jar of pennies is acceptable), I want to go home. It's also rude to the other customers who have to wait behind you in line, because the cashier has to count all of that. Honestly I can see how he reached his conclusion, doesn't make it appropriate, but buying chocolate with a jar of pennies and arguing... you deserved it.

hateevryone 14

Why would you try to pay with a jar of pennies?

heartgrenade1 5

Gotta say, just take the pennies to one of those machines that exchanges them for cash. You lose like 10% but you save everyone time and save yourself the embarassment of this type of situation.

Ahhh pennies. As a cashier I can honestly say that is the worst! However, using them for chocolate is completely acceptable. ;) a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do right?

As someone who's worked in retail, paying with pennies is rude as hell. You deserve it.

*Note to self re next craving: 1. Buy one piece of chocolate with coins. 2. Shove chocolate into mouth immediately. 3. Chew on the way to bank or Coinstar. 4. Buy more chocolate with proceeds. 5. Repeat step 2, as needed. OP, thanks for the opportunity to think this out beforehand. Enjoy the choc!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

What kind of trifling mess is that?

Don't you have to roll them? You do here.

"…re-stock my chocolate stash." Auto-YDI