Planning

By holly - 18/07/2010 14:18 - Germany

Today, I was practising the violin in my apartment. A man knocked on the door and introduced himself with a smile, saying he wanted to know my "schedule." I replied, "I'm pretty busy but maybe we could get a drink sometime." To which he replied, "No, I just want to know when you'll stop." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 058
You deserved it 20 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, that doesn't necessarily mean your playing was bad. He might have just found it loud and it was waking up his baby or something.

I'm a string player myself, go to your local music store and ask for a practice mute.

Comments

Hey, that doesn't necessarily mean your playing was bad. He might have just found it loud and it was waking up his baby or something.

I don't think he came over because she was a terrible violinist, the noise could just be too loud. The walls in some apartment complexes are paper thin, so if he lives next door or even two doors down, he'll hear it. And yes, it does get very annoying.

summerlesslove 0

Agreed my sister practices her violin all the time and trust me she sucks at playing so i sympethize with the guy because ik how annoying it can be

Awwww lol here's a tip: Buy a mute, I find they actually make the violin sound more mellow rather than quieter (I have one on all the time) and don't be disheartened: Practice makes perfect!

How old are you? You can't spell practicing right? Wow. I mean we all make mistakes but spelling THAT wrong? Wow lol

Phoenix_GAD 0

seriously? she's from germany. not everyone spells words the way americans do.

Many European countries have words with different letters. Like armor, one country spells it armour.

and color and colour and favorite and favourite

For all those complaining about OP's spelling consider the fact that she's from Germany, so English may not be her first language. Either way her English is still better than the English of a lot of people who post here. Anyways, maybe consider not practicing in your apartment. Schools and music stores often have practice spaces available for cheap - or even free. It really isn't fair to your neighbours to practice a string instrument at full volume on a regular basis when you live in an apartment building.

Again, her spelling is correct according to the Queen's English.

Phoenix_GAD 0

(to angejolie) you fail for being a stupid american.

Izzy_babii 0

Ohh HELL no...Americans ftw bitch!! :D

Phoenix_GAD 0

i said a "stupid" american. hell, i'm american too!!! but i am smart enough to know that american spelling is not universal.

People don't understand the passion of music and the ways of obtaining the skills to play better. Keep it up OP

33: The neighbor wasn't rude and didn't even ask her to stop. It's fine to be passionate and to strive to improve yourself, but your passion doesn't exempt you from basic consideration for others. There are cheap ways to soundproof or -deaden your walls; it's only polite to do so unasked. All things considered, the OP's lucky. In the US it's often written into an apartment's lease that you either cannot practice an instrument at all, or you must follow strict guidelines about where, when, how long, how often, how loud, and even which instruments you may play.