Planning

By holly - 18/07/2010 14:18 - Germany

Today, I was practising the violin in my apartment. A man knocked on the door and introduced himself with a smile, saying he wanted to know my "schedule." I replied, "I'm pretty busy but maybe we could get a drink sometime." To which he replied, "No, I just want to know when you'll stop." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 058
You deserved it 20 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, that doesn't necessarily mean your playing was bad. He might have just found it loud and it was waking up his baby or something.

I'm a string player myself, go to your local music store and ask for a practice mute.

Comments

Audi___S5___GT 0

You spelled practicing wrong.

ilovecodyscott 0

well that would kill me if someone said that about my VOICE.

RedPillSucks 31

It's her brain. She's just so damn smart that her head can't hold it all in. (Also, she's a little bit of a show-off, this is how she exposes herself)

RedPillSucks 31

She may not play badly at all. Typically when you're practicing scales, instead of trying to learn a particular piece of music, you're playing the same set of notes over and over. After a while it will start to become irritating. My friend invested in an electric violin that she was able to plug into her stereo amp and then practice with headphones. If it's not too costly, that might be worthwhile, otherwise you might need to find a place with practice rooms.

sunshyne84_fml 0

Exactly you can get put out for making too much noise, an apartment isn't the best place to practice an instrument. You need to be considerate to your neighbors. Imagine someone out their baby to sleep and someone brings out their violin and wakes them up, I'd be pissed!

that pic is from a fashion show. I recognize it from a magazine.

wow you're pretty naive for thinking that OP

hp_obsessed 0

This FML doesn't indicate that OP is rubbish at playing the violin, only that the neighbour does not like to listen to it. If OP was playing scales (especially three octave ones--they go quite high) or playing one piece repeatedly, then it would be quite easy for someone to be annoyed. Sure, the neighbour could have been more polite with how he asked, but just because he asked does not mean that OP doesn't play well. OP, if I may, I'd suggest investing your money into a practise mute, which will get rid of most of the noise that your neighbours would normally hear. Another solution is to invest into an electric violin, if that isn't too much out of range for you. All you do is plug in your earbuds, and it's much quieter without a mute than a classical violin is. Just a suggestion.

AchillesTheSwift 0