Not a morning person

By vanity113 - 13/06/2013 04:04 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I woke up early to travel to the office headquarters 3.5 hours away for important meetings. After waking up at 5.30am, picking up all my colleagues and driving 40 min out of town, I realised I was wearing my woolen house slippers. They were the only pair of shoes I'd brought on the trip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 651
You deserved it 9 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So find a shoe store when you get there. It sucks to have to pay for another pair, but it's an easy fix.

Considering your colleagues clearly didn't tell you about the slip up I'd say it's fair game to murder the one you like least and steal his shoes. It's the only rational thing to do!

Comments

5:30 AM is so early for you that you aren't conscious of your shoes. FML, I get up that early every day.

With a 3.5 hour drive I expect you'll be able to stop and buy some. But still that blows OP I've done similar things when rush packing for long camping trips

I did that once, I just told everyone that they were custom shoes from Tibet :)

knotcool 15

If I was her husband, I woolen have let that slipper mind.

ahcmkn 2

I dont mean to sound ignorant, but I do not quite understand this fml. You said it 3.5 hours away, but you said you only drove 45 mins? Did it take you 45 mins to realize you weren't wearing shoes or was this the amount of time you drove?

I think you need to re read it. The total length of the journey is 3.5 hours, but he noticed his shoes when he was 40 minutes out of town. Excluding the fact that he picked up his co-worker (which took time in itself), he would have had 2.24 hours to go in the journey.

ahcmkn 2

thank you for clearing up the confusion

FML_4life_ 8

That sucks! But can't u just buy shoes???

shannara098 1

just go buy some new shoes that sucks but its a quick fix

Slip on 2 empty kleenex boxes just like Kevin did on that show The Office

This happened to me at a debate meet once, but I didn't notice I hadn't brought my dress shoes until I was at the event. Black power suit, black hose, Power Puff Girl slippers. It happens, OP, I hope you can buy another pair.