Nice…

By MexyBoy - 11/06/2019 16:08

Today, I wanted to do something nice for my mom. So, while she was sleeping, I cleaned the whole house for her and even made her breakfast. A few minutes later, she came downstairs and yelled at me to keep it down because she was trying to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 878
You deserved it 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You know what they say...no good deed goes unpunished. Maybe once she wakes up on her own she'll come around and appreciate your effort a little bit more.

Same mom bursting into the room while OP is taking a nap, “Oh, didn’t see you sleeping there”

Comments

Same mom bursting into the room while OP is taking a nap, “Oh, didn’t see you sleeping there”

You know what they say...no good deed goes unpunished. Maybe once she wakes up on her own she'll come around and appreciate your effort a little bit more.

Sheogorath 4

I'm sorry, I know how that feels. Except my dad likes to take naps in his recliner in the main entrance area so when we're cleaning he hears everything.

TBF she didn't know what you were up to, or that it was as a favour to her. However, cleaning shouldn't be the responsibility of just one person, unless she's a SAHM. If you're old enough to clean without her telling you what and how, you're old enough to contribute all the time, not just when you feel generous. Cleaning the house benefits everyone not just your Mum.

so being a SAHM would mean all the cleaning would be only their responsibility? 🤔

That's cause the nicest thing you could ever do for a mom is let her sleep!