You should know!

By TheSentinel05 - 08/07/2020 05:00

Today, my mom screamed at me for not cleaning out the coffee machine. When I told her that wasn’t part of my chores and she never asked me to do it, she screamed at me for not doing it out of the kindness of my heart. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 534
You deserved it 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Tell her they clean the machine for you in the nursing home. That should shut her up.

I would think that this should depend on whether or not the kid drinks coffee. If they don't than mom is screaming at them for not doing what she, as the actual user of the machine, should be doing. It's not about "Not caring" if it is actually a case of not cleaning up what is entirely someone else's mess.

Comments

How can you let your mama drink dirty coffee? No wonder you're not a phenomenal ****.

tounces7 27

Tell her they clean the machine for you in the nursing home. That should shut her up.

bloopaloop 27

If you do your job (chores) cause you have to you do the bare minimum. If you do it because you care, you figure stuff like this out. I’d also be mad if my kids didn’t care. This will apply in marriage too

I would think that this should depend on whether or not the kid drinks coffee. If they don't than mom is screaming at them for not doing what she, as the actual user of the machine, should be doing. It's not about "Not caring" if it is actually a case of not cleaning up what is entirely someone else's mess.

If you're already doing dishes or cleaning the kitchen then that's just lazy.

coius 23

I figure the biggest user of an appliance or who who uses it first is the one who should clean up after. Sounds like your mom is being super lazy and there is no excuse to yell at you for not guessing the thoughts in her head. I had to deal with this with my mom growing up. As an adult, with a wife, I clean things because I love my wife and dont want to be a burden on her, but my wife at least tells me if she expects something from me. Not just yells at me because I dont “guess” what she wants. Best to make sure your mom spells out what she expects. Not post facto.

If you don't drink the coffee, you shouldn't be expected to clean the coffee pot if it's not part of your chores.