News to me

By RBEE - 12/12/2009 18:02 - France

Today, my colleague rushed off to the hospital for the birth of his first son. Having met his wife at the Christmas party a couple of years ago, I called to congratulate her. Shame I didn't realize it was his mistress having the baby. Guess who broke the news to the wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 725
You deserved it 4 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...if he wanted it kept secret, why was he telling everyone at his work?

dracer 0

Ooops, but at least you got the wife into the clearing! It's about time she saw through the cheating bastard this colleague of yours is!

Comments

Not your fault. colleague should stay true to his wife or get a divorce.

This makes no sense. You colleague rushed to the HOSPITAL for the birth and you called the wife at HOME? Nice try, though. It was almost amusing.

Your colleague totally deserves it. Don't feel bad, OP! EDIT:// What? This isn't in response to #14's comment! :x

bluedoll 1

Maybe she left a voice mail on the home line?

piles_of_fail 0

14, you apparently can't read. Where exactly does it say anything about calling her at home?

CoDandBlowjobs 8

This sounds weird, she was giving birth so you call her straight away to congratulate and think shell pick up? Sounds kindof fake to me...

npk88 0

agreed...doesn't make any sense. But then again probably 2/3 of the fml's posted here are fake, they are still amusing though! Which I guess is the whole point of the website.

They never said they called RIGHT AWAY. This could have occurred a couple days later.

people are so stupid!! read the freaking g comments lol all the people who call it fake always get the same answers and it makes the look dumb.

The OP probably expected to leave a voicemail. Why is everyone so quick to call fake? It's not like the OP would call the hospital..

To #11, that's a complete load of bull. Yes, you ARE allowed to have a phone in a hospital. Hell, I made a call from one yesterday. After asking whether it was okay to make a call from inside the hospital. Seems it doesn't matter that much, eh? Also... that aside, you decided that you'd call a woman in labour? Smart move...

ameliecious 0

don't worry, it's not your job to keep your colleague from getting trapped in his own web of lies.

spiderman0606 0

SECRETS AND LIES. Oh PS, I think this is real. If you hear someone's having a baby, you leave a voicemail to congratulate right away, along with calling after a day or two to congratulate person-to-person. That's how I was taught about courtesy and the right thing to do in a situation like this.

boatkicker 4

Perhaps he intended to leave a message, and then was confused that she answered.

thighsofglory 0

I don't know about that. This is France. Maybe keeping colleagues from getting trapped in their own webs of lies is part of the benefits package. You're gonna hear about this come performance review time...

schwinn11 0

Hey, I bet you could get his wife to sleep with you, women who've been cheated on always want to have revenge sex. Take her out just for drinks, pretend to be a shoulder to cry on. Besides, he shoul've told you the story if you work together, that's all me and my friends at work talk about

You, are a terrible person. Please, use protection so you never produce spawn.