News to me

By RBEE - 12/12/2009 18:02 - France

Today, my colleague rushed off to the hospital for the birth of his first son. Having met his wife at the Christmas party a couple of years ago, I called to congratulate her. Shame I didn't realize it was his mistress having the baby. Guess who broke the news to the wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 725
You deserved it 4 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...if he wanted it kept secret, why was he telling everyone at his work?

dracer 0

Ooops, but at least you got the wife into the clearing! It's about time she saw through the cheating bastard this colleague of yours is!

Comments

And anyway, just don't comment on whether this is fake or not. It's somewhere in the rules, stick to it.

The biggest problem I see with this is that you met his wife years ago and you assumed they were still together and that she's the one having the baby. Since you obviously didn't ask him, that seems like a stupidly big assumption to make.

He knew his colleague was still married to her so he made the assumption ...

My husband's co-workers have only met me once or twice, and they'll most likely be calling when I go into labor. And I doubt I'll see them in the next 2 months, what with me being on bed rest now. It's not uncommon. She wanted to be nice to a co-worker's wife.

haha ok I picked up a few calls while in labor. One friend even called a few minutes before my son was born. My husband picked up the phone and I had to politely decline.

I hope "first son" means first child at all. It would be better if there weren't children involved in your colleague's divorce.

You were put in a very bad position here. You are not the one who should be embarrassed, and I hope you aren't.

You didn't do anything wrong. Everyone would have assumed the same. Your colleague is a dickface and he deserves what has happened to him.

pugler 0

F the baby's life- his/her parents are both trash.

Believe it or not, you did them both a great service.

i agree. she needed to know and hevobviously didnt want to be with her.

mef_fml 0

f the wife's life, not yours...damn. sucks to be her.