My drip

By Anonymous - 11/08/2009 15:33 - United States

Today, the dry cleaner next to my house went up in flames. I went outside to look at the fire, as I looked on in amazement I realized I had dropped off all of my work clothes at the cleaners two days before. I was supposed to pick them up today, but was too lazy to walk the 10 feet to the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 829
You deserved it 66 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're just lucky your house didn't catch on fire.

YDI, but maybe you're lucky you didn't go. Supposing you had been inside when it burst into flames.

Comments

jumperdreams 0

instead of helping put it out, you watched??? YDI for: #1 being lazy #2 not helping karmas a bitch. hahaha next time help dumbass

Yeah, he should have stormed into the blazing fire and ... done what exactly? Going out on a limb here, but quite conceivably the guy is not a firefighter, and perhaps doesn't even have a ton of firefighting equipment in his apartment.

lmaoo, not helping? There are ******* trained firefighters there with high power hoses. What the hell is the guy gonna do? Grab a gallon bucket, fill it up with water, and toss it at the side of the building? Yeah, that'll make a big difference.

letitbe56 0

I don't think it was a YDI. How many people here have put-off something non-urgent because they were feeling lazy? I'm sure fires are more common in dry cleaners than in other businesses, but that doesn't mean one expects one's dry cleaner to catch on fire if one waits a day to pick up one's clothes. FYL, OP. Maybe the dry cleaner's insurance will cover your loss? If you had a lot of expensive stuff, maybe your own home-owner's insurance will cover part of it, too.

As lazy as you were, it wasn't your fault and you surely didn't deserve it.

I thought it was a fake until I googled fire new jersy and it came up with a dry cleaners that had a fire. I however am undecided, you were lazy so YDI however FYL because loads of people leave stuff later than they should, and I'm no exception!! http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/08/fire_destroys_belleville_clean.html

How does anyone deserve to have a dry cleaners catch on fire??

david584 0

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/08/fire_destroys_belleville_clean.html

That laziness could have saved your life!

look at what you get for being lazy :p

YFDI. plain and simple. This is exactly why you pick up your damn clothes when the cleaners say they will be ready. Not when you feel like picking them up. I have ran a dry cleaners for the past 13 years and nothing pisses us off more than when someone drops off clothes and we invest the labor, utilities, and time to get them done and the customer leaves them in there until they are ready to pick them up. In some cases that is up to a year. After that we donate them to Goodwill. We like to get paid for services rendered in a timely fashion. On a side note, I really hate to hear about the cleaners burning up. That is someone's livelyhood up in smoke. Lord knows it is hard enough owning a business in this F'ed up economy, much less to have it burn up. So to the OP, quit bitching, they have insurance. You will get a check for your clothes.

So let me get this straight.. You are bitching about his bitching? Haha what a queer bait.

HE WAS GOING TO WAIT ONE DAY. ONE. DAY. CALM DOWN.

YDI for wearing clothes. If you were a nudist this wouldn't be a problem.