My drip

By Anonymous - 11/08/2009 15:33 - United States

Today, the dry cleaner next to my house went up in flames. I went outside to look at the fire, as I looked on in amazement I realized I had dropped off all of my work clothes at the cleaners two days before. I was supposed to pick them up today, but was too lazy to walk the 10 feet to the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 829
You deserved it 66 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're just lucky your house didn't catch on fire.

YDI, but maybe you're lucky you didn't go. Supposing you had been inside when it burst into flames.

Comments

what about the people who own the store what do they have now? probably nothing get over yourself so a few clothes were burned at least you still have a job and an income gtfo.

ydi 4 bein lazy and not doin ur own laundry

You clearly don't understand what dry cleaning is...the vast majority of people can't do that at home. The clothes you send to the dry cleaners aren't clothes you stick in a washing machine. Idiot.

it sucks your clothes got burned but.. most places like that have insurance for a reason.. so im sure you will be able to get them replaced... it sucks you dont have them now though

It's a definite sign that you need to find another job!! You had higher priorities than going to get your cloths the minute they were ready. It' normal, not being lazy, ie. boring. You REALLY ought to be glad your home didn't catch on fire. 10 ft is nothing if the wind is in the right direction. Though your house is most probably farther away than that.

I'm gutted for u that your shop went up in flames and ruined your business. oh wait no some clothes got destroyed... wow.

This should be the owner of the Dry Cleaner's FML. "Today, my business went up in flames. FML" I'm sure you can get more clothes. But YDI for being lazy and selfish.

Hey Guys, I own a dry cleaners and here is the truth. 99% of people don't pick up their clothes when they say they want/need them. Unlike the guy who is running his grandparents cleaners I could care less if people are late picking up their clothes because 80% of my business comes from 20% of my customers. You make your money from the people who come in week after week not the people who leave their items there for over a year. Personally I think the guy is paying for a service and for that reason he doesn't deserve to have his clothing burned, I mean if you dont return your videos to blockbuster you dont deserve to have your tv blow up. The grandkid running the business is gonna have a hard time keeping customers if he's getting pissed at customers for leaving their items there for any amount of time. If the Cleaners that had his clothes burned to the ground they are going to have the hardest time because their customers will go somewhere else during the rebuild and they may never get that business back, even if they have insurance it's not going to really help with that.

xhalighx 0

letitbe56 - My phone does not allow me to reply to specific posts. If you had read some of of the others, you would know that people had posted that people calling the OP lazy had never lived outside their parents' homes. It is said comments that I was referring to. And as per your second attack, it specifically said that the OP was too lazy to pick up the dry cleaning. Granted, it was to be picked up at a later date, but laziness was still mentioned and therein lies my argument. And I suppose obesity was the wrong term to use. How about "National Couch Potato and Muscle Atrophy Syndrome"? It's only a few feet, for Christ's sake. Regards.

xhalighx 0

Sca24 - Ah, another intelligently worded retort. I immediately laugh at you when you can't even form a grammatically intelligible sentence. I see I own an ignorant? And yes, I am a grammar Nazi, for you rushing to the table to belittle me. As anyone WHOSE FIRST LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH should be. As for the actual retort, perhaps the OP isn't obese. I never said as much. I simply said that refusal to walk ten feet to a store across the street is the reason for this country's obesity epidemic. Cheers.