My drip

By Anonymous - 11/08/2009 15:33 - United States

Today, the dry cleaner next to my house went up in flames. I went outside to look at the fire, as I looked on in amazement I realized I had dropped off all of my work clothes at the cleaners two days before. I was supposed to pick them up today, but was too lazy to walk the 10 feet to the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 829
You deserved it 66 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're just lucky your house didn't catch on fire.

YDI, but maybe you're lucky you didn't go. Supposing you had been inside when it burst into flames.

Comments

xhalighx 0

I live on my own, for the record, and I give a resounding YDI. Here's an example of why obesity is an epidemic in this country.

So why is that laziness automatically = obesity? Oh your just ignorant, got it.

letitbe56 0

xhalighx- A- It is not relevant whether or not you live on your own. B- The OP put off going to the dry cleaner; he didn't just decide never to go at all. He was going to make the walk at some point, just not right then. So your obesity argument makes no sense.

SVelasquez 0

See what happens when you're lazy?

Why are you people giving him such a hard time? You've NEVER been lazy before? You've never put something off for a few hours or a day if it's not urgent? I call bullshit on all of you. He didn't feel like leaving his house that day. It doesn't mean he deserves to have all his clothing burned. You should all be ashamed.

screw you. he should have picked his clothes up. plain and simple. now instead of them getting their money for doing his clothes and him picking them up when he was supposed to, they have to pay him for the clothes that he SHOULD have picked up anyways. I dont expect anyone to understand unless you have worked a dry cleaners.

Well, if he paid in cash, the money would have burned, too. Tell me you've never been lazy before. Tell me you've NEVER put something off. It was going to be one ******* day. Also, are you really bragging about working a dry cleaners? That's...kind of sad. Oh, and you say, "I dont expect anyone to understand unless you have worked a dry cleaners." You clearly DO if you're going apeshit over it.

letitbe56 0

Yeah, Sublime, you really need to calm down. If it was all his work clothes, he was going to get them soon. In this case it doesn't seem like it made much of a difference whether he decided to put it off for a few hours or for much, much longer. And honestly, it's dry cleaning. Yeah, it's a big deal to you, but the rest of us have lives that don't revolve around our clothes. Stuff comes up, and we don't make it to the dry cleaner right away. Deal with it.

and what is wrong with running a dry cleaners? my grandparents own it, i have been working there since i graduated high school in 97. I have paid my dues, and in the next year I am taking it over. Oh, and it brings in $650,000 a year...so shut the **** up. Yes i AM bragging about working there. You dumb ****.

letitbe56 0

If you're making that much money a year, you have even less of a right to complain that you don't get paid right away. It's clearly not hurting you that badly.

Theguybehindyou 0

it's not an fml cuz if you weren't lazy, you would've went down with the building...

I think it's an FML...work clothes are expensive, especially if we are talking nice suits. This loss could easily be in the hundreds, if not thousands. Plus, it takes a while to totally rebuild a wardrobe. Anyway, who picks up their dry cleaning on time? I worked as a cashier at one for a few months...we had clothing at the stores from weeks, months, even years ago...that ended up getting picked up. Hopefully, you'll get compensated for some of it.

canadaman10303 0

you know, how about thinking of the dry cleaner owners and employees. they are out of jobs and money and you think your life is f***ed because of some clothes. wow. talk about self centered.

ShetHappensxx 0

YDI for being a lazy shitbean

Why were you watching? If a building THAT close to you went up in flames you should have left your building...