Multitasking

By the_dog_sitter - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while I was walking my friend's dog around the neighborhood, I watched as a little girl fall off her bike. I let go of the dog and ran over to help. The girl was OK but the dog ran into the street and got hit by a truck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 975
You deserved it 25 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

goddamn, don't just leave the dog like that;/

Comments

Komatose 0

43, you're an idiot. It's not like the dog and the little girl were both going to get hit by a truck and the OP had to choose one. He chose to help some idiot girl who will forget she fell of the bike in 5 minutes. Kids fall. It's not an emergancy. If any decent human being were to choose between having a scraped knee and a dog dying, the'd choose the scraped knee. Tell the kid to man up. The only reason u think humans are more important is because you're one. I hope your friend kicks your ass.

may_cause_fail 0

FLM? I think you guys are being too hard on the OP. There was no way they could have known that the dog was going to run out in front of a truck. Granted, they maybe could have tied the dog to something, or maybe gone to see if the girl was okay first. However, I can't say that this is the OP's fault. Maybe it was the truck driver's for not stopping in time. Regardless, shit happens. The best you can do is apologize to your friend and hope they understand.

Today, you spelled it FLM not FML. This entire story on fml for you is a huge fail.

unicornbaby_fml 0

my dog died a few months ago, he ran without his leash into the street and got hit by a car. if i was your friend, i would never forgive you, even though if it was an accident. it was your responsibility to care for the dog, some shit friend you are.

I agree with #59. Your friend trusted you with his dog. You could have picked him up and ran over to the girl. If your that lazy go die alone.

A human kid is more important than a dog. You made the right choice. The people giving you a hard time have never seen a head wound, or talked to a quadriplegic who severed their spine in a bike accident. I have done both. It's sad the dog got into the street, and it's sad that the car (for whatever reason) hit him. But the kids health and life is still more important than the dog. Even so, yeah.. it still sucks. It's an FLM.. er, FML..

This is what is called 'Selective Pressure". Dogs are now smarter on average.

okay it doesnt make him/her a bad friend. its not like he/she had let go and get hit ON PURPOSE!!! they were just acting on instinct to help the girl. you people commenting on how bad of a person he/she is have to think that they had only a few seconds to think while you people sitting at your desks have an infinite amount of time to think of situations. honestly do you people always think of the best thing to do in every situation right away??? their first instine was to help the girl and the second was to let go so they could help the girl. humans react on INSTINCT as well as thought. so put more thought in your comments next time and put yourself in their situation

and this is why i dont trust anyone with my pets. Other than my family. Whats more important? taking care of your friends dog, or picking up some little girl that u dont even noe, and letting the dog run into a busy road? and to think your friend trusted you enough with his/her dog. You could of held the dog and helped her up. I mean i had my dog 1 time for a walk, and someone fell off there scooter or w/e and i took my dog with me. Go die in a hole.