Monday madness

By socks - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I noticed I'd mislaid one half of the "Monday" pair of socks from my "Days of the week" set that were a gift for my birthday. I'm slightly OCD. I think I'm going to rip the floorboards up if I don't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 926
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

wouldn't uneven floorboards drive you even more nuts?

Send me ur address I'll ship you a new one.

Comments

How come almost everyone here claims to be OCD lol

That is so true. I like my things organized and neat. I'm not OCD, I'm organized and neat.

wriptidez 0

not worth it ... just put a diff pair on and eat brakfast

Wow I feel really sorry for you. That's just one of those things you can't help.

Hey dumbass, you either have OCD or you don't. "Slightly OCD" is just a cop-out for freaking out over stupid shit. So either go to a psychiatrist and drug yourself stupid with anti-anxiety pills, or get over it.

What use would ripping up the floorboards be? You're just going to get yourself into an even worse state. Even if your socks somehow got under the floorboards and you found them, I wouldn't like to see how you react when you see the state of your house.

Poetaster 10

I have ICCL. (I couldn't care Less). I'm happy if my socks are even the same color.

Poetaster 10

On the other hand... Could your sock have gone the way of the Q tip? Omg! You may never find it...

There's no "slightly" when it comes to OCD; you either have OCD or you don't.

There are degrees in regards to the strength of the compulsion. Some people are only OCD about certain things, and are able to restrain themselves (e.g: not eating a certain amount of a type of food that adds up to an odd number, yet not caring how many bites they take of it.) Some people have to have everything organized a certain way, but only a small portion of those people will grow shaky and frantic when it gets messed up-- others will just try to fix it as calmly as possible, or not be affected by it being messy at all, just fix it with no problem. So some people are more OCD than others. An example of extreme extreme OCD is a person like Hannelore from Questionable Content. Everything sets her off. And example of mild OCD is a person like Fudge Hatcher from Judy Blume's books, where he counts out an exact number of cheerios each morning, but nothing else.

The_Troller 14

^ I agree. I have mild OCD but I don't need to count anything out like that. I just can't think straight when things aren't organized. Probably explains why I'm such a grammar Nazi.

#104 I know that there are degrees of OCD and that people are only OCD about some things. For example, I don't care about the order of things. However, I will turn light switches on and off a certain number of times or step on cracks on the sidewalks a certain number of times, etc. I'm not as mild as Fudge, but I'm nowhere near as bad as Hannelore. I don't have every compulsion that exists. But I'm just saying, OCD isn't an occasional state of mind, as so many people seem to think it is. People who don't have OCD use the term as though it was something that comes and goes.

But if you rip up the floorboards you will be all OCD about the floor...