Shedding

By Anonymous - 30/11/2020 13:58

Today, I found out, after having my third and last child, that I'm balding. I'm only 23 and quite frankly It's very much noticeable. How did I find out? My four-year-old daughter pointed it out to me, saying, "Mommy, why you shed like the dog?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 949
You deserved it 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Three kids by the age of 23? No wonder you're balding, you're still a kid yourself. There are great therapies now for balding women. I've tried some. I'm 27 and am losing hair due to some biologic therapies for my Crohn's Disease, have been for years since I was about 20. Stay positive OP and best of luck to you and your family!

This when you go to the doctor and check up whats wrong, women can start shedding a lot of hair when they have had baby.

Comments

This when you go to the doctor and check up whats wrong, women can start shedding a lot of hair when they have had baby.

Three kids by the age of 23? No wonder you're balding, you're still a kid yourself. There are great therapies now for balding women. I've tried some. I'm 27 and am losing hair due to some biologic therapies for my Crohn's Disease, have been for years since I was about 20. Stay positive OP and best of luck to you and your family!

Greekmund 5

If its something you want, you can look into hair toppers for women. They're amazing and so easy to use. Definitely go to the Dr. to find out the underlying cause. A good quality one can be a bit expensive but sometimes insurance will cover it if your doctor writes you a prescription for a "cranial prostheses". it has to say that specifically otherwise insurance won't cover it. Best of luck and congrats on the new baby!

If it's just your kid saying that you're shedding, I don't think you're actually balding. A few months after I had my baby I started shedding so badly I was afraid to even brush my hair. In the shower every pass through with my hands would bring more fallen hair. But you couldn't tell on my head. Your hair gets thick and luscious during pregnancy thanks to hormones; it's just returning to it's natural state after you give birth. After a few weeks I stopped shedding, and I bet it'll be the same for you.

xxlk4xx 6

I lost hair after all of my babies, had to unclog the shower drain so many times! I even had bald spots near my temple area. it finally started growing back i think over a year later (my hair loss started about 6 months post partum) just remember that although its super annoying, its normal! I had 3 kids by the time I was 25 and then had one more 2 years ago with my husband and I noticed the hair loss a lot more this time around because my hair is longer then it was with my older 3! biotin can be helpful for when your hair starts growing back!

tounces7 27

It's not really unusual to lose hair after a pregnancy as you shed the hormones, doesn't mean you're going bald, pregnancy hormones just prevent you from losing hair as easily while you are pregnant, so you lose more than usual afterwards.

Postpartum hair loss is EXTREMELY common. It almost always eases up by the time your baby is 6-7 months old, and it will grow back.