Method

By EllieS9311 - 16/02/2016 13:16 - United States - Montevallo

Today, my 13 year-old son had a seizure in the middle of his history class. We were at the hospital for three hours and several expensive tests later he informed me he faked the seizure so he could get out of a group presentation. He was so proud that he was such a good actor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 574
You deserved it 3 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take that money spent out of any gifts/allowances he was going to get in any future holiday or birthday. Maybe that will teach him not to do something so serious.

I'm not even going to lie, that's pretty impressive.

Comments

Whoop his butt, and make him start to work paying off the bills. Then have him tell his history teacher...He should have to do the assignment. The question remains: Which is worse? The presentation by himself, or with the group? Then make him do the one that is worse for him. That may be harsh, but will make him think twice about doing it again.

I feel like slapping him just from reading this; I can't even imagine how much self-control must've taken you not to.

redheadedmonster 24

As someone who has had seizures almost daily since 1999 thats horrible. They're no joke. People die from seizures more often than people realize. I hope you punished him severely for wasting your and the doctors time as well as your money.

I would be mad and proud at the same time.

aeryn97 17

time to inform him how he took up precious time of doctors who could have helped someone who was really sick.

I have a hunch someone's allowance is going to be quite a bit smaller for a while.

KayleeFrye 39

I hope you show him that there are consequences for his actions. This is not the kind of offense that should result in a slap on the wrist. You should make him do chores for you and your neighbors to earn back some of the money he wasted. Teach him the value of a dollar and teach him responsibility.

Maybe he needs you to read him the "Boy who called wolf" every night at bed time...and you need to tell everyone you meet and embarrass the heck out of him. And have him shovelling snow with a small spoon or cutting the grass with scissors.

Make him pay the bill. It sounds like he needs to think about the consequences of his actions.