Medicare for all!

By YoungSmileBones - 15/08/2016 18:29 - United States - Lake Havasu City

Today, I'm so broke that I'm thinking about using a glass of whiskey and a pair of pliers to pull out my broken wisdom teeth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 049
You deserved it 1 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That would end up being way more expensive as you would battle infections or or other injuries caused by the extraction.

jentrynicole 20

Please go see a professional. They are a professional for a reason and while it may be expensive now it will save you a lot of expenses later if you do it yourself or delay your treatment.

Comments

I created an account just to say this. Please go be seen by a professional. I see you are in AZ, there are two dental schools there (not sure what part of AZ you are in) that could be an option for reduced price dentistry. There are also scores of community dental clinics which offer lower prices or sliding scale payments as well. There are also occasionally free clinics in the area. I encourage you to do an Internet search so you can get the care you need! Good luck !

Pulling out a wisdom tooth yourself will cause major trauma and lead to a host of other complications. They are very difficult to remove compared to forward teeth and this is why they often require surgery

Check out dentistry schools, most do it for free

Not only are there heaps of important nerves in that area meaning you could cause untold damage to yourself (meaning a massive hospital bill later)- alcohol thins your blood and you'll bleed everywhere.

Please don't use American Civil War battlefield medicine to treat yourself. The fatalities were so ridiculously high for a reason, a big one being that boozing up and cutting it off/out is a really bad go-to procedure.

As a child I used to rip my own teeth out trying to get money from the tooth fairy. I thankfully grew out of that phase when I realized the payment wasn't worth the pain.

phoenix1977 8

Republican healthcare at its finest

At least make sure you sterilize the pliers before you attempt this foolish move.

Find a dental school. Even some dentists will go on a sliding scale for those in need. Just complain about the pain enough to win over sympathy.

Try getting dentistry students to pull your teeth, that's how my father got his wisdom teeth out and it's really cheap!