Let down

By colts609380 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Corona

Today, I finally gained the nerve to ask out the girl of my dreams. She responded by saying, "You need to lower your standards." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 274
You deserved it 3 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddymo 14

I think you need to raise your standards to include pretty girls that aren't also bitches.

They say girls go for bad boys but on FML it seems all the boys fall for the biggest bitches.

Comments

SnoBorder4Life 0

At least you had the balls to ask her out OP, I'm shy as hell. Sorry it didn't work out.

Fyl OP but you kind of deserve it for putting all of your eggs into a basket you've never even met... "Girl of your dreams" implies that you adore everything about her not that you think she's "hot"...

Then you should've said "I did lower them a lot. That's why I asked you." and then walked off. I'm sorry but you don't need a girl that ugly on the inside anyways :)

perdix 29

She may have been unnecessarily cruel, but she might have done you a favor in the long term: She essentially told you not to waste your time pursuing "hot" girls. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, Never make a pretty woman your wife. So, from my personal point of view, Get an ugly girl to marry you.

^ I assume you (jokingly) mean, get a woman more beautiful on the inside than the outside to marry you, no matter how pretty her face is. My wife is pretty, but it's her personality and strength of character that made me fall in love with her. :) (Yes I recognized the song, btw. Just sharing anyways...)

reddudeover 2

97 - The last part of his comment are song lyrics. Which makes him all the more awesome for knowing, love that song!!!

reddudeover 2

Cheap floozies are my bread and butter. ;D Just kidding, but honestly there's probably some girl that really likes you and you haven't noticed because you liked this other girl.

81- Overly fixating on one girl/guy does seem to give people tunnel vision to all the rest around them, something most everyone's experienced, I'm sure.

Dream girl sounds a little too full of herself. You're not missing out on anything.

Blooblibloo 4

The fact she answered you this way makes me think she was the girl of your dream mostly because of her look and not her personality. She sure is shallow but you look like you are too for being interested in her. Also, lot of people complain being rejected by guys or girls who think they are too beautiful for them, but those same people never goes for the less pretty or handsome ones. Anyway, that was still very rude and stupid from her

I've heard that attractive girls with personalities usually end up with less than attractive guys because those kind of guys actually have to develop a personality and can't get shallow girls like this just based upon their looks.

fuqsam 5

She needs to lower hers... Bitch...