Let down

By colts609380 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Corona

Today, I finally gained the nerve to ask out the girl of my dreams. She responded by saying, "You need to lower your standards." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 274
You deserved it 3 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddymo 14

I think you need to raise your standards to include pretty girls that aren't also bitches.

They say girls go for bad boys but on FML it seems all the boys fall for the biggest bitches.

Comments

Who does she think she is? Anyway...probably the girl of your nightmares now.

Just because a girls turns down a boy does not mean that she is automatically a bitch!

missalice0306 19

The way she turned him down certainly indicated that though

No, but implying that she is better than him certainly does.

JasonEP 3

There's more than one way to turn a guy down. You can be polite and not hurt his feelings, or you can be a complete **** about it. The girl OP liked clearly took option number 2 and is therefore........... a bitch.

It doesn't automatically make her a bitch but it does make her shallow and insensitive.

WitchyArmyWife00 0

The way she went about it does make her a bitch.

Haha #33 that's what I was thinking

shannonjnae2706 0

Wow... Someone (ahem, her) is a cold-hearted bitch. Don't let the evil-doing of one soulless flea bring you down. It's not your fault that she has absolutely no class. Hold your head high and keep looking for the REAL girl of your dreams. Good luck!! :)

I had a similar situation years ago, the reply I got was "I have standards, you know".

WitchyArmyWife00 0
manjyMonkey 2

Up herself much?! She must think she's pretty good!!! Better of without her!

UrCapsLockOn 12

Just because a girls defends another girl's response does not mean that she is automatically a bitch! *which she is*

Dude, i ask her if she want to be my girlfriend, she said no and now is with my ex-best friend. I want to kill myself :)

They have hotlines for that sort of thing, sad Santa Claus. This ain't the place.

kandi_kid69 15

Cry over cuts and stitches, not ***** and bitches. Be happy that you now know she's truly a bitch. You can find someone better. :)

Nice rhyme...I shall remember that one!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Who would want to date a narcissistic bitch like that?

So this will be unpopular but maybe this guy is an unattractive creeper, with a poor job, living at home, with nothing going on with him. I've seen many guys who are a 4 go for a 9...why is a girl automatically a bitch because a guy (or a girl but less frequently) thinks they deserve more than they give. He's being shallow, but she can't? Double standard.

This is about HOW she rejected him. She could have been polite and not harsh like that.

I'm not necessarily saying what she did or how she did it was ok, but I like your thinking.

You're right in saying that will be unpopular. Without knowing much about OP, everyone is always convinced he can do better. He could be a complete jackass. I rarely have sympathy for the "girl of my dreams" types because most of them don't dream about great personalities. They always sound shallow. Either this girl is shallow, too, or she knows OP well enough to believe she deserves better. Why should she have to lower her standards but OP doesn't have to lower his?

reddudeover 2

45/65 - That's a lot of assuming, let's just stick with what's in the FML. Besides even if ALL of those assumptions are true there's still a better way to go about it besides the way it was done. No one ever said she had to date him or lower her standards, so I don't know where you guys are getting that idea.

I don't think it's assuming much more than the people who assume he doesn't deserve it. You assume he's given the full story; I assume there's another side to it.