Lava

By not_fakingit - 22/09/2013 04:26 - Canada - Montr?al

Today, I joked with my boss about calling in sick to work tomorrow with food poisoning to avoid taking the Sunday shift. Tonight, I'm sitting on the toilet bowl in agonizing pain with combination diarrhea and vomiting. My shift starts in 3 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 558
You deserved it 11 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd get a doctors note if I were you. Just to be sure your boss knows that it's legit. Hope you feel better, OP. Try and stay hydrated.

Comments

never joke about calling in, case in point

Karma is a Biach but a valuable lesson hope you feel better

thegravytrain 6

Just send your boss a picture message of your vomit and you next to the toilet with a piece of paper saying todays date, and just be like "I know its kinda gross but just so there isnt any doubt, haha. I know it was a terrible joke last night but I really am sick its a horrible coincidence" Your boss will understand

Cheez_Mastah 10

At first I read "combustible diarrhea" and I was kinda terrified for a sec.

04NewEdge101 1

worst case scenario, you can face time it lol he'll have to believe you then. :P

Sounds like it could be Viral Gastroenteritis! I've had it, no fun at all. :( Hope you feel better OP!

Ugh I've had that RIGHT BEFORE vacation (it almost didn't go away before vacation, thank god it did), and it was the worst illness I've had in my entire life. I had it for 10 days, too. It would not go away and I couldn't take medicine for it because of my other meds conflicting with ANYTHING that effected the stomach. Poor OP man.

All of you saying it's karma are stupid. OP was joking around with their boss and ended up sick. It's an unfortunate coincidence, not karma. If karma came back to bite everyone who joked around we'd all be screwed.

bungholemcgee 11

If he doesn't believe you, just send him a picture of your diarrhea.

birds_fml 7

LOL OP! It always happens like that! One time I was joking with my boss and coworkers on how I was going to call in sick the next day so I could go see a midnight showing of a movie. I didn't actually plan on doing so, since I wasn't really interested enough in that movie. But that night my boyfriend dumped me, and I had to call in sick the next day because I couldn't stop crying. My boss didn't believe I'd actually been dumped for weeks, and kept making fun of me over it. I finally had to have my store manager talk to her about it. She finally believed me months later when I started dating a new guy (who I'm now married to).