Lava

By not_fakingit - 22/09/2013 04:26 - Canada - Montr?al

Today, I joked with my boss about calling in sick to work tomorrow with food poisoning to avoid taking the Sunday shift. Tonight, I'm sitting on the toilet bowl in agonizing pain with combination diarrhea and vomiting. My shift starts in 3 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 558
You deserved it 11 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd get a doctors note if I were you. Just to be sure your boss knows that it's legit. Hope you feel better, OP. Try and stay hydrated.

Comments

I'd get a doctors note if I were you. Just to be sure your boss knows that it's legit. Hope you feel better, OP. Try and stay hydrated.

yes.doctors signature can let you stay in toilet

well if he is ******** vomiting i dont think he is going to be able to go to the doctors....

If anyone even thinks about a "shitty situation" joke.....

I've got a great boss that would totally understand and even fill in for me if needed. Just explain the situation. If your boss doesn't believe then text a picture.

Don't bring that stupid, "win" shit back. Go back to 2009 you heathen!

knotcool 15

What? I'd much prefer that over the " YOLO SWAG " BS we have going on now.

Anyb0dyTh 8

Exactly! Hahaha Good luck OP! :D

Karma's a little bitch. Or shall I say a little shit? Maybe a BIG shit fits better...

Just explain to him, I'm sure he'll get a laugh out of it if you're friends.

That's what you get for joking about getting out of shifts. Karma is a bitch like that. like #1 said, get a doctors note so that your boss believes you, and get well soon :)

If karma goes after people who joked about something, then I think we are all screwed.

Well, this will be my last FML, considering karma works like that I'll be dead by 12. it's been a great run guys.

Guess you will need after all to call in sick.. Sorry OP, hope you will get better soon.

Wow I didn't realize karma went after people who made harmless jokes. I guess were all screwed now.

Yeah sure, because finding the job of your dreams with excellent pay is sooo easy in this economy. Some people are stuck with shit jobs for a reason. Besides, OP might enjoy their job a lot and just wanted Sunday off.

Get well soon, and I recommend going to the doctor to get a note or something, just to make sure

It's better to call now than later. Don't wait until just before your shift starts, or your boss won't have time to get it covered.

sorry op. feel better. in the future dont ever even joke with your boss about shifts you dont want. get a doctors note.