Joker brain

By Anonymous - 15/10/2013 21:48 - United States - Round Lake

Today, my boyfriend dumped me for knowing more about Batman than he does. He's only seen some of the movies, and as a kid my dad owned a comic book store. He still doesn't see why I should know more, because I'm a girl, and "girls aren't supposed to know about superheroes." FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 677
You deserved it 4 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're better off without a sexist idiot anyway.

You should hit him with your batarang for his sexism ;)

Comments

I know I wouldn't get along with this ignoramus of a BF at all because I grew up reading superhero comics my dad and brother owned. I also played with my cousins' He-Man action figures as a kid. And I like to play video games. I have two cousins who were still kids when I was in my twenties and they got A SNES with DK Country and Yoshi's Island and were very bewildered that I actually knew so much about Donkey Kong and Mario. Anyway when I do things like that they're not guy or girl things, they're MY things. :)

RitaRenne 21

I feel your pain, OP. I've had the same experiences with gaming when male "friends" were offended when I knew more or was better than them. Some men feel their masculinity is in jeopardy when things like that happen.

If a girl knew more than me about superheroes, id be even more attracted to her

He's a douche. You could do much better and you deserve much better

What's up with all the comments about sexism? I mean it's funny how there are women who say worse things than this about men, yet where's the accusation of sexism for them?

Probably in the FML about a guy facing sexism? Why would people go off topic purely to draw attention to the fact that men face sexism too when it has nothing to do with that.

It wasn't my intention to bring up how men face sexism. The point of my comment was to merely make a statement about political correctness. And how, because of it, when it comes to men and women it's acceptable for women to say demeaning things about men. But if you have some guy make some ridiculous comment about his girlfriend not supposing to have knowledge about super heroes because she's a girl, everyone gets all bent out of shape and lables the boyfriend a sexist pig. Women can say far worse than this and not be labled sexist bitches.

TallMist 32

#178 So... You're basically saying men face sexism too?

You're better off. I'm surprised this guy can tie his own shoes. Find someone who is on your level. Or at least someone who thinks it's hot that you know so much about super heroes.

Many guys would kill for a girl like you use it as an asset...