The invasion begins

By Anonymous - 28/06/2015 15:00 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I noticed a rash of insect bites on the backs of my thighs and buttocks. Upon further investigation, it appears that the inside of the chair in my work cubicle is infested with bedbugs. I'm too paranoid to sit in any work chair now. There are 12 hours left in my shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 290
You deserved it 1 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The real FML is you are working more than 12 hours a day.

I really hope you've reported this to your work. You could carry them back to your place and then you're in for a costly de-bugging.

Comments

mds9986 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

bug spray hell those Carry nasty shit this is a health hazard work needs to fix that.

Not only do they carry nasty diseases, they're just about unkillable! Took my family let a year to completely get rid of them and we spent well over 50 grand over that time trying to get rid of them.

The normal bug spray would not do anything. It's more complicated to get rid of them than that...

Um, they don't carry ANY diseases whatsoever, actually. just an extreme annoyance

Get a standing desk or a yoga ball. You'll be super productive and work out your core.

I so want a yoga ball at work but I'd spend all day bouncing on it :(

Dreamsorrow93 24

Well, that is a pain in the ass..

I really hope you've reported this to your work. You could carry them back to your place and then you're in for a costly de-bugging.

They're not actually that difficult to get rid of, it just takes time and patience. And yes, it is a huge pain in the ass. But not overly difficult.

As someone who had them for about a few weeks: it was a hell I'd like to never repeat again. After about $1,000 dollars to fumigate and multiple hours of washing fabrics/clothing and throwing away good books and objects I can safely say that if I ever talk to my friend again it'll be too soon. Hopefully you had the chance to strip those clothes off OP and wash/dry them before going home.

That's only 12 hours of restroom breaks then.

The real FML is you are working more than 12 hours a day.

Depends what type of job it is, honestly. Imagine working for more than 12 hours photo shooting...oh wait, that's what I do. :p

I do it at my part time job (kinda ironically- my full time is the typical 8), its not bad at all. only sucks when I have one day at 8:30am-11pm then open at 6:30 the next day.

I work for 24 hours. 7:30 AM to 7:30 AM the next day.

My mom does that too :( I can't imagine how difficult that is. I hope you aren't as stressed as she is!

everton99 16

I've had plenty of days longer than 12 hours, and it's not at a desk it's going store to store breaking down Pepsi trucks and stocking the shelves.

i work 17 hours a day for 5 of 7 days a week at waffle house and i get so many bar rushes.

JustinJK 21

^You should reduce your hours and take some classes at a local college

You should let your boss know. You probably aren't the only one suffering with this.

is it really bugging you? If so you should tell your boss about that

Quickly, now is the time to Steal another person's chair and possibly sabatoge another employees day!

If it's bedbugs they're not just on that one chair.....

lol the bedbugs would be in everyones chair of it was an infesation.

blahblah005 16

if its really bugging u that much then just swap chairs with your boss

The boss probably has a nice leather chair.