Jesus Christ!

By Anonymous - 31/03/2014 04:43 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I was at a wedding reception with loud music. A guy told me that his sister couldn't be there because she "went home to be with her boy." I said, "That's too bad, she's missing a great party." He paused and repeated, "She went home to be with her LORD." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 251
You deserved it 4 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

"Yeah, I know. She's missing a great party!"

Seriously?! When someone says "so and so went home to the lord" it means they're dead. How have some of you people never heard that expression? It's one of the nicer ways to say someone is dead.

Maybe it's a Southern thing. In North Carolina, anyway, it's more common to hear, "She's with Jesus now," or, "She's gone to be with the Lord," than it is to hear, "She recently passed away." Plus, simply saying, "She died," is considered impolite, inconsiderate, or, at the very least, blunt.

Satan thinks your deserve it so I dont :-D

I would've thought she was at church or at home praying. It's such a weird way of wording it. Definitely not your fault OP.

doglover100 28

That's an odd way to say it.

Did he say boy first or did he actually say lord? If he said boy, then I understand why you're confused. Why the hell would someone refer to death in that way?

OP thought he said "boy"; he actually said "Lord" the first time, but OP misheard him and thought he said that the sister went home to take care of her kid.

Don't worry OP, the fact that he repeated himself makes it clear that he realized you misheard him, and didn't think you were being an insensitive jerk. Even grieving people understand that it's hard to hear over loud music.

Not everybodys mother tongue is English and know every expression in different languange. And it's not smart think so. I'm pretty sure you would't know "to kick the empty" Finnish expression for a same thing.

Is it only me who thought she went to church... That expression sucks