Jesus Christ!

By Anonymous - 31/03/2014 04:43 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I was at a wedding reception with loud music. A guy told me that his sister couldn't be there because she "went home to be with her boy." I said, "That's too bad, she's missing a great party." He paused and repeated, "She went home to be with her LORD." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 251
You deserved it 4 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

tayymeds 23

That's a strange conversation to startup with someone randomly at a wedding reception... However he's probably in mourning still and just wanted someone to talk to, but the loud music made that slightly impossible.

I'm still trying to figure out how you even got into this conversation to begin with. Who just brings up their sister's death with a stranger they just met at a wedding? Was the reception that dead?

He was probably drunk and emotional. If not, well there always has to be That Guy at a happy social gathering/wedding. It took me a while to think 'oh it's a way of saying she's in heaven/dead,' but I was sure I was reading too much into it, to the point where I felt silly. Would have gone straight over my head if I were in your position, in the conversation, lol.

Well his wording was strange, and honestly I don't understand why people can't just say someone passed, I can somewhat understand why he's mention it. He may have been very close to his sister and is having a hard time celebrating a great event without her. Often times an individual may feel guilty enjoying themselves after a loved one has died especially so if that loved one died younger than expected. He may have mentioned her because he's struggling to focus on the celebration at hand and is thinking of his sister. It's really not something op could have known though and his wording was just plain weird.

RedPillSucks 31

No, his wording was weird. It's interesting that you used the word "passed" instead of "dead". It's just a simple euphemism. Every generations euphemism is slightly different.

It's loud a common mistake...don't sweat it just bury those words and move on

Why bring up the fact that your sister has died to what seems to he someone he does or hardly knows... at a wedding

Well I wouldn't of had a clue, "be with her boy" would of thought he meant her son and when lord was mentioned I would of thought she was some religious nutter. The idea of her being dead would never of crossed my mind.

Domination type thing? Lord can be her owner.