Jesus Christ!

By Anonymous - 31/03/2014 04:43 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I was at a wedding reception with loud music. A guy told me that his sister couldn't be there because she "went home to be with her boy." I said, "That's too bad, she's missing a great party." He paused and repeated, "She went home to be with her LORD." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 251
You deserved it 4 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Thats not your fault, he did not word that the right way. To me the whole situation seems off..i mean who was the "guy", and why did he feel the need to tell you his sister went home to be with "her boy" the lord?

The guy may have felt the need to mention his sister because he was thinking of her. A big important event can be hard when you've lost someone important. We don't know how long his sisters been deceased for either so he may still be grieving, in my opinion his mentioning her isn't that weird. The wording though is really strange.

Omg i just understood the fml now ****. I swear im not an asshole guys LOL...i originally thought he meant she stayed home to practice religion. My apologies clearly i should wait a couple hours after waking up to comment on fml.

RedPillSucks 31

Actually, the wording's not that strange if you're old (sigh) It was common a few decades ago for people to use that phrase as a euphemism for saying someone died. We seem to have so many ways to avoid saying the word.

Not your fault. I've never heard someone announce a death that way (I'm assuming he means she passed away) and with the loud music, I can see how you would hear "boy". Still, condolences to him :s

Dodge4x4Ram 46

ever yell just as the music stop then it's you who everyone is getting looking at

I still don't get what he meant. Also, I didn't realize that lordships were still a thing.

toomanyidiots 14

Lord = god, i.e. his sister died... Not sure if sarcastic...

When all the words are capitalized, LORD means God. Yep, that's what years of Sunday school and grammar lessons will teach you. Crack open the Bible, and you'll see that LORD is always in all caps when referring to God.

Sorry. I meant when all *letters are capitalized. My bad.

Why do you people always assume everyone knows everything about your religion? How was I supposed to know your god refers to himself as a lord? I would've thought lordship was a step down from godhood.

askullnamedbilly 33

That has to be the weirdest way of bringing up someone died, ever. Without the comments, I never would've even understood what he was trying to say. Probably would've made a complete fool out of myself in that situation by staring at him unblinkingly and asking: "What, is she... in a BDSM relationship or something?"

I was thinking he meant a bible study or some other religious thing. In one year I had a cousin who died at 18 and my husband had a cousin who died at thirty, but we just don't talk about it especially to acquaintances. Don't see why he felt the need to bring it up.

RedPillSucks 31

They were probably in the middle of a conversation. People probably had many of their relatives there and something triggered this guy to remember his sister, so he mentioned it. Simply small talk.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
rdenkewicz 11

He never said that. The fact that he REPEATED himself implies that OP did not hear him correctly the first time, and that she THOUGHT he said the word "boy" but actually said "LORD".

No. She died. Her religion doesn't get a say in reality.

If viewing his sister's death through the lens of his faith brings him comfort, then there's nothing wrong with that. Don't be a dick.

rdenkewicz 11

Why would he even mention that at a wedding?

Sounds like he was 'High' himself...