It's a trap!

By Ahook1 - 23/08/2010 23:31 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I discovered that my infertile girlfriend, who I have been having unprotected sex with for the past two months, is apparently very fertile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 393
You deserved it 54 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

patiencek 0

well let's hope you can be a good parent if it comes to it. Good luck Op.

I agree, because everyone just loves wearing condoms for no reason. if she said she was infertile there is no reason to be wearing a condom unless one of them had an STD. so stfu and don't be such an idiot.

Comments

glambert1998 0
lilybugie 0
Paula231_fml 0

Wrap you're willy before you get silly

actualy i knew a chick who truly was infertile becuz she had a disease and went through menopause at 14 but she managed to get ptegnant 3 times in her early twenties. it happens

pureecstasy 5

Don't be silly,wrap your willy :D

Okay I know this is a long time ago but #6? Seriously? Do you not know anything about being infertile? Alot of people think they are because they have endometriosis or PCOS or fibroids or they don't ovulate correctly and are told by doctors it will take a GOD SEND to get pregnant and they'll probably have to have an IVF cycle to acheive a pregnancy. So before you go babbling about not wearing condoms "stfu"OP is dumb for not wearing one because people should know you need to wear one anyway because there IS a chance ALWAYS unless the female has had a FULL hysterectomy. Don't they teach things like this in sex Ed anymore? And sorry to attack you #6, this is meant for everyone who is being ignorant about the condem thing.

PS- I don't think the OP girlfriend was "lying". She was probably going off what doctors told her. IDK why this is even an FML because babies are a (huge) blessing and if you aren't ready for consequences of SEX despite what you both have been told...don't have sex..wow that's an idea ain't it?!

#129 Babies are not always a blessing. In my life they would be a nightmare (me and my husband don't want kids at all - I have an IUD because they won't sterilise me yet) I'm so tired of people who bleat that if you don't want kids then you shouldn't have sex.

^Agreed, Commanderd. However I do think that if you are going to have sex (even with protection) you should have at least thought about the consequences, and not complain if you are in the small percentage where the protection fails.

Oh I wouldn't complain, I'd just take care of the matter...

I wasn't saying you would complain. I was talking people in general. :P Also, some people are against abortion, though if you use a method that's obvious when it's failed, you should know better than to let it get that far before you do something. (again, I'm speaking generally)

I'm fine with people not personally liking my choices (had one abortion before due to a failed IUD), I just got all steamed up at that poster above who was making out that kids are always a good thing and that sex is only for procreation. Reminds me too much of some bigoted people at work who honestly believe I should never have got married because "marriage is for making babies!!". Why can't people get their noses out of each other's sex lives...

I personally won't abort, but I can respect a person's decision to do so provided it's not for a stupid reason, such as "I don't want to ruin my hot body" (as seen on a previous FML). Sometimes there's just a reason to do it. Whatever, it's their choice and they shouldn't be condemned for it. Marriage is because you want to spend the rest of your life with a person because you love them that much. Or in the case of arranged marriages, because you have to. Sex can either be for procreating if you're at that stage or for fun (provided it's safe). People are so ******* stupid and so ******* ignorant these days. I'm glad at least someone's making sense around here, Commanderd. People are just that nosy because society tells them it's okay to be that way. Think about it; it wasn't this bad when there was no such thing as a television, and no such thing as the internet.

What Steph said really, and Commanderd. Also, I didn't mean to say I was against abortion, I was just saying some people are. I'm on the stance, if there's a good reason to do it, then sure, don't have a problem. It's those who just use it as an alternative form of contraception that I have issues with. If that makes sense. People are curious buggers, sex has been a taboo subject for so long and now it's become a normal topic people are keen to discuss it. (Though the nice people know not to go there unless they know the other person's cool with it)

The nice people also respect a difference in opinion! ;)

I've got no issues with why anyone chooses to do it, but then I do honestly believe that I shouldn't judge why someone makes a specific reproductive choice. I think you have a point with the curious nature, there is a fine line between genuine curiosity and lecturing someone, for instance having my mother ask once why I do not want to have kids is curiosity. Having some berk of a coworker ask me repeatedly if I've had therapy for my decision is just plain rude. The internet has done a wonderful thing for knowledge, now we need to come up with something equally good for manners :) (Additional note - it's been good to talk to people who can form coherant sentences! I am tired of 'lol u do not no wot 2 do lol' malarky)

omg lyk, i cnt beeleave u dnt lyk whn pplz talk lyjk dis.. itzz juzz so awsum n it makzz u soo kewl... Yeah, I know. I rolled my eyes as I typed the sentence above. ;) It's stupid... almost everyone here is in some form (or has had some) form of schooling... there's no reason why they can't make sense and type properly. Half the time I can't even tell what they're saying! Manners... Oh man, manners. No one has them. I've been reading some of these posts and people are just downright assholes!

I don't know why people don't have manners, or think it's cool to troll. I guess that's just the way some people are. Out of curiosity, Commanderd, the person who asked you multiple times if you were in therapy, do they believe they are doing you a favour by caring for your well-being (in their mind)? Because if that's the case then they might not realise how rude they're being? I do respect other people's opinions, so long as they are well formed where they need to be. I don't expect people to agree with me, and in many ways I prefer some people don't on the basis that that leaves a whole room for friendly debating.

In their eyes, they were 'helping' me by making me see the error of my ways - they believed that without children, my life would be worth less. I did tell them a number of times that they were being offensive and that I really didn't want to discuss it but they persisted. It eventually took the threat of reporting them to HR for harrassment before they stopped. Now if only that would work with my mother in law.....

Ouch, ok. It definately became rude once they carried on after you told them to stop. I know that some people are very religious, and thats cool, but it would be nice if they realised that not everyone shares their views and beliefs and therefore try not to rigorously push their religion onto other people.