Everyone's a critic

By Anonymous - 22/05/2022 10:00

Today, and not for the first time, I wondered if the "musical guest" on SNL was somebody they found busking in the nearest subway station. FML
I agree, your life sucks 538
You deserved it 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nikki 16

That would actually be awesome if they were giving air time to struggling musicians, I don’t see the problem here

That was true in the first few decades of the show. Now, they only book the top acts on the various charts.

Comments

Nikki 16

That would actually be awesome if they were giving air time to struggling musicians, I don’t see the problem here

That was true in the first few decades of the show. Now, they only book the top acts on the various charts.

That whole show has gone sadly downhill over the years.

It really goes up and down. The guest host has a lot of influence on that. I find that when they are an actor or actress, those are the best shows. They really can get into characters and make the sketches great.

The truth is that musical taste varies a lot. I was not fond of last night’s musical act myself, but I assume that some people liked them. For many of us, our musical style preferences mostly jelled when we were in high school or college. But musical styles and artists change over time… By the way, if you have and use a DVR and record the show and then you start watching it a half hour after it starts, you can fast forward through both the commercials and the music act. (With a DVR you can watch it while it records and also fast forward through the “junk” as long as you wait a while to actually start watching it.)