Irresponsible

By InconsiderateMuch - 16/06/2013 18:11 - Canada - High River

Today, my boyfriend bought another expensive bong to go with the one he bought last month, along with his new phone, airsoft gun, and various other things he's blown our money on this year. He's bought nothing to prepare for our son, though, who's due next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 416
You deserved it 27 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honey. He obviously does not care about his son. I say leave him because you don't want someone like him raising your child.

I'm not going to lie, and I'll accept whatever thumbs down this gets. Both OP and her boyfriend are complete and utter irresponsible idiots for smoking pot with a baby on the way. You don't smoke or do drugs when pregnant. I don't know if OP smokes, but if her boyfriend does, then the baby is getting some too.

Comments

Don't worry, it's all stuff you can force him to sell when you need the money.

He was very likely a self-centered pothead when OP met him. Why would she expect that to change because she's pregnant? Sit him down and have a serious conversation about expectations and responsibilities. If he can't (or won't) man up, then move on from there. On the one hand, FYL for this being your baby daddy. On the other, YDI for getting knocked up by this dude, OP.

skyeyez9 24

Sounds like you are dating a child the way he is behaving.

If I can give advice, either tell him to shape up fast and get him to do it, or return all the crap he bought (the bong especially!), take the money you get back, and leave if you can.

And you mated with this douchebag?

mzdaisylynn 12

dump him then. You and your son will be better off without him. You dont want your kid growing up hungry and dirty because his daddy is too busy getting stoned and does not want to bother feeding his family.

TheDrifter 23

And he will be better off with a single mother, who may our may not have ever had a job, struggling to support him? Perhaps adoption would be a good choice, give the kid a chance at a competent, responsible family.

And who says she wouldn't be successful, there are plenty of successful single moms out there!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Are you really shocked by this irresponsible behavior? Or did you really think he'd spontaneously mature because he knocked you up? You're playing with a boy not a man. Cut him loose now before he drags you and the baby under.

tj5810 21

I'll be the brutally honest bitch here and say that it's partially your fault, OP. Your boyfriend didn't get like this overnight. I'm sure he was the same POS when you met him and chose to have sex with him. Maybe next time you should consider the consequences. Don't give it up to someone you don't think will be a good father because look what could happen. Just because he got you pregnant doesn't mean that he is going to magically change into a mature and responsible human being. You'd be naive to even think so. Hopefully, for your baby's sake, you grow up and get your stuff together and create a life you can be proud of.

You should have done a better job of weeding out boyfriends before you chose this one. At any rate, if he keeps it up, his plans will go up in smoke. It won't be bong before he realizes he'll have to take some more responsibility.

Lose the 12 year old, stoner boyfriend ASAP. Give your son a chance in life.