Irresponsible

By InconsiderateMuch - 16/06/2013 18:11 - Canada - High River

Today, my boyfriend bought another expensive bong to go with the one he bought last month, along with his new phone, airsoft gun, and various other things he's blown our money on this year. He's bought nothing to prepare for our son, though, who's due next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 416
You deserved it 27 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honey. He obviously does not care about his son. I say leave him because you don't want someone like him raising your child.

I'm not going to lie, and I'll accept whatever thumbs down this gets. Both OP and her boyfriend are complete and utter irresponsible idiots for smoking pot with a baby on the way. You don't smoke or do drugs when pregnant. I don't know if OP smokes, but if her boyfriend does, then the baby is getting some too.

Comments

you deserve it for having a kid with an idiot like that.

twaumat 28

I agree, to me both parties are idiots. you should both be mentally ready to have a child, clearly he isn't and doesn't look like OP is either if she isn't doing something about it.

Why is it "our money" if he's your boyfriend and not your husband?

Non-married couples can share incomes/bills/bank accounts too.

UnluckyGenius 21

But why would a responsible adult want to share money with someone who blows it on all things listed above? Sounds like he is 16.

My guess is OP didn't expect these spending patterns while signing up.

TheDrifter 23

Quite possibly OP is not working at this point in her pregnancy, so his pay may be the sum of "their" money.

My boyfriend and I live together and its "our money" because we share bills. Maybe that's the case with OP's situation. Although my boyfriend asked me to handle his money in my account otherwise he would spend it on stupid shit

If they're living together and having a kid, to some extent it is "our" money as inthey need to talk about those type of purchases.

You are having a baby with a child. Congrats

Uhh, stand up to him and tell him enough is enough.

He has alot of growing up to do ,leave him & file for child support so it will be taken out his check.

You need to bring this up with him. Sit him down, talk to him, try to make him understand how serious this is. This is a new life we're talking about. If your talk doesn't help at all, I think you should consider leaving him. The kid needs a father who cares for him.

So glad to see someone on FML suggest fighting to make things work before just bailing out. Totally agree. It's about more than just OP's life now.

timss4 19

You're the one who chose to be with this guy- your fault lol

I'm guessing it was an accident and OP doesn't want to get an abortion or put it up for adoption.