I guess that's a no, then?

By Lazyuser2849 - 01/06/2016 05:02 - United States - Arlington

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. To this, she said, "You need to meet more people."FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 168
You deserved it 1 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ooh, she's suggesting a pre-proposal scavenger hunt! How romantic! On the hunt should be such things as: • A person over 7 ft tall. • A person under 4 ft tall (no kids, you cheater). • A person dressed all in black. • A person who is wearing an apron backwards like a cape. • A butcher. • A baker. • A candlestick maker.

You really should , she's not the one .

Comments

Maybe that's her way of saying "Yes, but get more friends first because I want a huge wedding with lots of people"?

Leave her and hang out with your friends, she's obviously not worth your time.

**** for rejecting marriage when they don't want it? I thought that is how it works. You say no if you do not want it and yes if you do. Silly me.

usnwife 18

She totally has the right to say no, but she could have been polite about it. If they have been in a relationship serious enough for a proposal I would hope she would have a little respect for him to at least try to not be a bitch about saying no...

By her response I assume you proposed out of the blue. I really do not understand why people still do this. Marriage is a big decision and it takes TWO people to do it. You SHOULD discuss it with your partner beforehand and not propose simply because YOU want it. Or at least don't be offended if they reject you if you decide "Oh I want marriage. Don't know if my partner wants it. I should propose!". YDI.

Is she really your girlfriend? Or is this one of those stalker-type situations?

graphicstyle7 17

It may be time to move on. Sounds like she is not interested in long-term

maybe she wants you to have more friends? sorry OP, I got nothin