You forgetting something?

By Anonymous - 22/05/2022 20:00 - United States - North Miami Beach

Today, it was my birthday. My family usually gives me a financial gift, but didn't this time and said nothing about it. I cooked my own birthday dinner without help, then washed everyone's dishes. I got my own cake and ate it alone because they were too busy getting drunk. Nobody bothered to sing Happy Birthday either. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 127
You deserved it 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

🎶Happy birthday to... I have to stop there or I'd have to pay royalties to the estate of the Hill sisters.

What day is today? It’s Nibbler’s birthday! What a day for a birthday! Let’s all have some cake.

Comments

🎶Happy birthday to... I have to stop there or I'd have to pay royalties to the estate of the Hill sisters.

What day is today? It’s Nibbler’s birthday! What a day for a birthday! Let’s all have some cake.

If it makes you feel better, happy birthday! I hope you have a good rest of your day.

Happy birthday! I hope they at least had a drink for you.

Happy Birthday, OP. If your family is this insensitive next year, cook your own birthday dinner and let them starve. Better yet, celebrate without them. You don't need them to validate your worth or existence.

bigdaddyeric 35

What is it with Adults clinging to Birthdays make the World revolve around them? After you turn 21 there are no big deal birthdays so act like an adult and carry on. I suppose you wanted the day from work too?

Jon Tessler 14

ah yes, the old "they always gave me money, so I expect it always" routine. I stopped expecting gifts when I turned 18.