By Jim - 31/07/2019 04:00 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital for wrenching pains in my abdomen. It turns out I have the largest "non removable" kidney stone my doctor has ever seen. It's the size of a fucking walnut. I have to pass the thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 101
You deserved it 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jeremy Strang 7

Pretty sure if it were walnut sized you would end up... pissing your dick off long before you actually passed it through your urethra. Might want a second opinion on that one there, chief.

unfortunately that only way to get rid of one that size is surgery.

Comments

unfortunately that only way to get rid of one that size is surgery.

Jeremy Strang 7

Pretty sure if it were walnut sized you would end up... pissing your dick off long before you actually passed it through your urethra. Might want a second opinion on that one there, chief.

katydid91 31

You have my sincerest condolences. Get well soon!

mccuish 25

Might want to get a 2nd opinion

Mungolikecandy 19

I would say get a second opinion on that as you are not going to be passing a stone the size of a walnut!

LostSoul 19

I have had kidney stones, they suck. They should be able to use shock waves to explode the sucker. On smaller ones they either let you pass them or use the basket to remove them. A walnut is too big to just pass. Ones the size of a pea they remove surgically. Only way one that big would be left in is if it was attached to your kidney lining.

They should be able to break it into smaller pieces with performing surgery. You need to get a second opinion. And if you have to pass it the usual way, have them give you a script for flomax

They can’t blast it into smaller pieces? Sorry to hear about the stones. I’ve heard they’re one of the most painful things to have. I’d rather go through my spine surgery again then have a kidney stone from what I’ve heard from people. Good luck mate!

Isn't that pretty much half the size of the average kidney? Passing one that big ain't happening.

Time for a second opinion. A competent doctor would be recommending a lithotripsy which would break it up.